Chapter 2

I woke up with the slightest sound of tapping on my door. I got up and almost fell over because my leg fell asleep. But I scurried over to the peep hole and saw that it was the maid and opened it, hiding behind the door any only showing half of my face.

                "Sorry, to wake you miss. But would you like me to clean your room?" She asked, with a strange look on her face. "Please do so in an hour." I answered, her barely able to hear me and my scratchy voice. "Okay, miss." She said as she closed the door. I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a homeless crazy monkey.

                My hair was all wiry and still damp. My eyes where blood shoot from the pool this morning, and my voice is all scratchy. So I hoped in the shower and took at least a 10 minute shower. I got out and put on a shirt that has a turquoise rose on it with Dirt Road Gypsy across it and some blue jeans on. Then I got back to drawing the things for my book.

                A few hours later I decided to at least try to win some money from the slot machines so I put some stuff away and then got into the elevator. The maid never did come so I just put up the sign that says clean the room please when I left the room. When I pushed the door close button I looked down, still not paying any attention and just thinking about work.

                I made it to the main floor and stepped out of the hotel, the walls where made out of the same shiny chips disco balls where made out of but black. The floor was a slick, tile like substance and was oh so very sparkly. The celling looked like the mess with you mirrors at fun houses. I also came down here for coffee from Starbucks. So I went to go and get that first.

                When I walked into the little coffee shop down stairs and got the coffee I wasn't paying any attention, as always, and just looked down at the cup walking out. As I was I ran into someone, spilling it all over his white shirt! "Oh- I'm so sorry let me help you with that!" I said as I was grabbing napkins and dabbing up my mess. When I looked up I just felt ten times as bad.

                It was the man with sunglasses and he had his sunglasses on. "Its fine miss, I just wish we didn't meet up like this, either you or me in an embarrassing situation." He said to me. I still didn't look up at him but over to my left and his sunglasses fell off. The least I could do was to pick them up so I did and then I noticed something. The glasses had a little microphone on the side of them and a little tracking chip.

                Who was he? I handed them to him and finished dabbing up the mess. "Once again I am so sorry." I told him. He buttoned up his shirt and stood up. Then he helped me up and gave me ten bucks. "Like I said its fine miss, and here you go. I should have watched where I was going." He exclaimed and walked off to some other part of the casino.

                I think he gave me the money to buy another coffee because I kind of have it all over the front of his shirt. So I bought another coffee but with my money and went over to the slot machines. They were all so flashy and beautiful, but I chose the one with the cute little pony on it. I used my money and pulled the leaver and didn't win a penny.

                I tried another one and still no luck. I was there for about an hour and still got nothing. I used all of my cash I had on me but that ten dollar bill that the strange man gave me. But I really wanted to win something, so in the slot machine Sky Rider I placed my last ten dollars that was given to me and pulled the leaver.