New beginnings

As the plane landed and the captain welcomed us to Paris I could feel the excitement rush through me. My new adventure and new life where about to begin.

The flight was smooth and finding my bags and a taxi weren't to bad. I was meeting the land lord at my new apartment to get the keys and a brief rundown of the area I lived in. My apartment was about 20 minutes from the school I was going to be attending and about 5 minutes from the main park I'm Paris.

I was living alone because my parents didn't see a career in singing so they did not support me. They refused to come with me and wanted nothing to do with me once I left so leaving Australia wasn't to hard besides my best friend Alex.

Alex and I had been friends since our first day of school and he supported my music in every way he could. He even sang in some of my songs for me and helped with the videos. He was the muse for some of my songs and held a soft spot in my heart.

My apartment consisted of a small kitchen, a lounge room that was also the dining room, two bedrooms, one bathroom and a balcony with a small garden. It was on the 3rd floor which was the top of my building. It had a view of the park with the Eiffel tower in the background. The apartment came with furniture so all I had to do was personalise it with decorations. That was my job for tomorrow, but for now I just needed rest.

——

I woke up the next morning at around 9 am. The sun was shining through the small gap in the curtains and the streets below sounded alive with commotion.

I jumped out of bed with excitement as today was the day for shopping and unpacking the little things I had. I started with my clothes and then placed a few small things I brought with me around the place. Including a little Eiffel Tower that Alex had give me before I left and a photo of us next to it. I hung a bunch of photos in the lounge room from Australia. There where photos of the harbour bridge, center point tower, movie world, wet n wiled, the snakes me and Alex found on our adventures and even one of my parents.

Once I was done I left for the shops to grab a few more little things. I got fairy light for the balcony, a vase of flowers for the dining table, a beanbag for my room and a (favourite colour) blanket for my room.

Setting up the apartment took up a large portion of the day and I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I had about ten minutes of the day left until the sun would be going down so o decided to grab my guitar and sit on the balcony. I started strumming a random tune and hummed along with it until I decided on a song to play.

I started struggling the sound of bubbly by Colbie Caillat.

I've been awake for a while now
You've got me feeling like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly face
I get the tingles in a silly place
It starts in my toes and I crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes, I always know
That you make me smile, please stay for a while now
Just take your time, wherever you go
The rain is falling on my window pane
But we are hiding in a safer place
Under covers, staying dry and warm
You give me feelings that I adore
They start in my toes, make me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes, I always know
That you make me smile, please stay for a while now
Just take your time, wherever you go
But what am I gonna say
When you make me feel this way?
I just... Mmm
And it starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes, I always know
That you make me smile, please stay for a while now
Just take your time, wherever you go
I've been asleep for a while now
You tuck me in, just like a child now
'Cause every time you hold me in your arms
I'm comfortable enough to feel your warmth
It starts in my soul and I lose all control
When you kiss my nose, the feeling shows
'Cause you make me smile, baby, just take your time now
Holding me tight
Wherever, wherever, wherever you go
Wherever you go, I always know
'Cause you make me smile, even just for a while

As I finish the song I open my eyes again and look out into the sunset smiling to myself.

"That sounded peeerrrrfect" a sound from above me cut through the moment.

I jumped and made a surprise and scared sound as I looked to see where the sound had come from. There was a blonde boy sitting on my roof in a black cat costume smiling down at me.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask a little accusingly. "And why are you on my roof?"

The boy gave me a confused look tilting his head to the side. "I'm cat noir, you don't know me?"

I shook my head in response.

"I'm one of two hero's in Paris. The best looking one in Paris to" he said flicking the bell near his neck.

I had heard somewhere that paris had hero's but I wasn't expecting him to look like a cat or show up on my roof.

"I just moved here from Australia so I have no clue who you are". He look a little sad and surprised by my statement but quickly perked back up as he jumped down onto my balcony next to me.

"Well my lady". He said as he bowled. "As I said I am cat noir and the partner of ladybug, the other hero of Paris, pleased to meet your aqu-cat-ence"

"You really like throwing those cat puns in there don't you fur ball" is said shaking my head. "So what are you doing on my roof?"

"I was merely on my dusk run of the city to make sure everything was ok until I heard you singing and play the guitar". He gestured to the guitar in my hands. "And as I said it sounded peerrrfect so I sat and listened"

"Uhh thanks I guess". I looked up at him scratching the back of my neck. A silence took place for a few seconds until he spoke again.

"No problem my lady. Now I best be off, but I am looking forward to my show again next Monday" he yelled the last part as he extended his stick and disappeared along the roof tops.

I stood there blinking for a minute unsure of how to comprehend what just happened. When I recomposed myself I walked back inside locking the sliding door behind me and closing the curtains. I reached for my phone as I walked to my room and dialled Alex's number as I got in bed.

A ~ "Hey (Y/N) what's up? How's Paris?"

Y ~ "it's interesting but also boring without my best friend"

I trailed on tell Alex about my day and the weird encounter I just had. We continued to talk until I drifted off to sleep.

————————————

Let me know your thoughts.