Prologue

June, 2021

Stillwater, Virginia

Charlie's POV

"I can't believe this! The lady I thought was the right one for me, cheated on me!" I ripped through my sausage egg and cheese biscuit, while having breakfast at Bojangles. Matilda Wilson shattered my heart into a million pieces. She kept sending selfies to this guy from North Carolina. His name was Arthur Cross. He didn't even live here in Virginia, yet Matilda was eyeing someone from another state.

"Love ya, babe!" sang Matilda, as she sent more selfies to Arthur. My blood boiled inside of me. She started doing some dance, her blonde hair bouncing around. Matilda was originally from Connecticut, and I felt like my whole world came crumbling down, when I found out she flirted with Arthur.

I finished my sausage egg and cheese biscuit, and walked out of Bojangles. I got in my red 1987 Buick Regal, with a Virginia license plate. My face was planted on the steering wheel, as tears were released from my eyes. Matilda used me. This relationship was nothing but a joke.

I finally pulled myself together, and drove out of the parking lot, and drove home. I pulled into the apartment complex, where I lived. Sedgewick Apartments, a brick apartment complex. I got out of my car, and went inside. I tossed my keys onto the kitchen table, and plopped down on my leather brown sofa, to tie up loose ends.

Will I ever find a true relationship?

A/N Hey guys! What did you think of the prologue? How did you feel when Charlie got his heart broken? What did you think of Matilda sending selfies to Arthur? Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this book with others! Thanks guys! Love you all! ❤❤❤❤😘😘😘😘