Chapter 2: Monday are a bad omen

Chapter 2: Mondays are a bad omen

"I hate school, School hates me. We are mutual frenemies with lots of homework and boring days too, hope school says it hates me too" I sang loudly as I ran down the stairs, two steps a time towards the breakfast table.

"You're late!" grinned Belle teasing me. She grabbed an apple from the table and tossed it at me. "Dishes for the whole week".

"Yeah fine I'll do it. No need to rub it in. Did you complete my assignment?" I asked, pouring milk in my glass.

"Yeah I put it in your bag. Seriously though Elle you need to do your homework yourself. If dad finds out I'm not vouching for you," she said pointedly.

"Girls it 8 o'clock! If you don't mind I am getting late for school," said Aurora as she entered the dining room. "We are having an important assembly this morning remember and our father is kind of the principal of the school".

Belle and I exchanged looks,"Oh shit".
We both ran towards the car at supersonic speed. Both of us had received a number of detention for being tardy and we had both been on final warning.

"Great leave me to lock the door," shouted Aurora behind us.

Well there are perks of having your father as the school principal like students respect you or the fact that you are put immediately at the top of the food chain.

And then comes the downfall of it. Any mistake or a toe out of the line and you get the growling at home.

And from my three sisters I was the bearer of most punishments. Now what could I do if I had an adventurous nature and decided to have some fun. Take for the time I had let out all the gym balls in the locker corridor. It was just for fun. I hadn't meant any harm. How was I supposed to know that our janitor would trip over them and break his leg. I never meant that to happen.

Or we could take the time when I had dropped a stink bomb in the boys changing room because of which they had to cancel practice. I mean it was all supposed to be a prank nothing more.

The problem was our school got extremely boring at times. We didn't not have those popular gang or the bullies at our school that would mean we didn't have drama. Our school system was quite normal where every one got along other then the usual fights and brawls we didn't have anything major.

And this is where I Ella Fortune (Cinderella Fortune) would come and save the day. I just once in a while like to put my toe out of line and make a great laugh. Although so far my great laughs haven't been so great.

It's just that every time I plan something, something else has to go wrong. It's just my fate!

The stupid Cinderella fate!

"We have to pick Claire right?" asked Belle from the drivers seat.

"Yup," I nodded at her as she turned in the Andrews driveway.

Claire Andrews was my best friend since forever. We both were so close that most people regarded us as sisters. She also had a boyfriend who was my partner in crime, Christian Mathews.

By partner in crime I mean that we both tried to annoy the hell out of Claire. The problem was Christian was that he was good friends with Antonio Stevens not that him and me acquainted with each other much.

We both had a silent pact to avoid each other as much as possible. Bad things happened when we interacted which usually resulted in me being sent to the principals office and getting detention. And him obviously being the obnoxious prick was let off because he was never at fault.

We arrived at Claire's and Belle honked loudly to announce arrival.

"Jeepers, I'm coming girls. Calm yourselves the world won't end today unless I have a say to it," said Claire running out of the house with her shoes in hand.

We chuckled at the scene in front of us. Claire Andrew was one hell of a girl.

"Phew! How I hate Mondays!" She exclaimed as she settled in the back seat with Aurora.

"Oh my don't you start as well. I have been hearing the same thing through Cinderella since this morning and I'm going to hit the next person right on their head if you say you hate Monday one more time," said Aurora.

"Jeepers Aurora! What got you so twisted this morning. Anyway so aren't you guys excited about the 'Random Couple Contest' for this year!" She exclaimed hopping on her seat with excitement.

Belle and Aurora squealed in excitement making me roll my eyes.

Such girls!

They all turned to look at me with a horrible smirks on there faces.

"What? I seriously don't get what the fuss is all about," I said turning to look outside of the car.

"Oh come on Ella don't be such a party pooper. Aren't you the one who always says our schools is boring. Well this is something fun," said Belle looking at me pointedly.

I looked at the three expected faces.
"What exactly is this contest about?" I asked having no idea about it at all.

I mean come on a couples contest? Seriously, it just seems like a cheap remake of valentines day.

"You seriously don't pay attention in class do you?" asked Belle as she entered the school parking lot.

"Well the contest is like a boy and a girl is selected from each school to win the RCC (Random Couples Contest). The competition will consist of 10 various tasks and challenges which will be only be revealed after task one is completed," explained Belle.

"Hmm. Sounds interesting. So who is representing our school?" I asked as she parked the car and walked towards the main entrance.

"Well those who had been interested had to enter the names in the ballot box in the office. The principal is going to announce their names in the assembly ," said Claire winking at me with and impish look on her face.

"What's with that look on your face. Something cooking up in that blonde head of yours?" I asked her suspiciously.

The three just grinned at me sheepishly as Claire pushed me towards the auditorium.
"Come on we'll be late. Bye Aurora, bye Belle".

They waved at us and went to catchup with there friends.

Something didn't feel right.

Mondays are a bad omen!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•
COMVOTOLLOW

© ChronoleaSummers 2015