Ying/Yang

Ying

An aging man sits on a desk chair facing a complex painting with humanoid shapes. He studies the painting intently.

A door opens into his office, a young woman steps inside and glances around the room. Her white eyes fixate on the extremely rare painting the old man faces.

I step into the office and see an aging man sitting on a desk chair facing a complex painting with unregular humanoid shapes. He studies the painting intently. My eyes sharpen on the extremely rare painting the old man faces. How rich is this 

"Peculiar no?" He says stretching his hand to present the work of art.

"I'm sorry?" She replies moving a strand of her hair out her face over her ear.

"Take a seat, this painting... it's-"

"One of Mr Rosario's paintings, he's a renowned painter, how do you have one?" She says setting her purse on the couch and sitting down on the soft padding.

"Quite knowledgeable are you?"

"I'd say so."

He turns around. "Hmm, tell me what brought you here."

"Hmm?"

"Why did you seek help. After all that is why you're here right?"

"Yes. Yes it is."

"What exactly brought you here?"

"A need to change. I feel the need."

"Why do you feel this way?"

She crosses her leg over the other and relaxes herself into the couch. "I've done some... Things... And I just need to know if something is wrong with me."

"I see... We'll let's get started." The man places a voice recorder on the table between them and intertwines his hands while talking to the young woman. "Are you okay if I record you? These recordings will only be for yourself and no else to hear."

She took a moment to think. She thought it helpful. "Yes, it's fine."

"Then let's get started. What's your name?"

"Sierra Solace."

"And what about your age?"

"I am eighteen years of age."

"Now... How would you describe yourself?"

"Could you elaborate?"

"How do you see yourself as a person?"

"Oh. I'm cold. Very cold. Nothing really affects me. But that doesn't mean I don't go out of my way to help others I simply care less about others lives."

"What's your job?"

"I work for the government as an analyst of sorts."

"What do you analyze?"

"Simple matters nothing too controversial-"

"You're lying." He glared straight through her.

"W- What?" She hesitated.

"But I won't budge. If you want I can turn the recording off?"

"No, I'd rather keep that private."

"Very well."

"How was your schooling?"

She sighs. "Manageable, I didn't struggle."

"Would you say you excelled?" He says tilting his head while emphasizing with his hand.