The letter

The Rise of SCP-1853

For many decades the SCP Foundation had been working tirelessly to keep the world from being ravaged by many anomalies, receiving funding from foundation projects and from many large government's it functioned to protect humanity.

it was a regular day for many researchers as some containment procedures were updated or changed, tests run to determine how volatile, sentient and powerful some of them were. For the researchers posted at site 1853-A it was a normal day at first, monitoring the peak of Scafell Pyke, the highest point in England where water ran, the site was relatively small and only housed a dozen researchers and facility guards, including the site director and Head of facility protection management. it was around an acre of space built of brick and mortar and concrete. The site served one purpose for the last 32 years, to monitor Euclid class anomaly SCP-1853, pending Euclid-Thaumiel classification.

Not a lot was known of SCP-1853, but what is known is incredibly vital to the SCP foundation. SCP-1853s sole purpose was to protect humanity at all costs from anything other than itself. It is believed that SCP-1853 has existed since around the time of 2 AD but others believe that SCP-1853 dates back as far as 2000 BC, when SCP-1853 becomes active it exits a stone coffin with unidentified rune like markings and proceeds to burrow itself out of the ground and onto the surface, SCP-1853 is always successful at exiting its coffin, once it reaches the surface it will remain idle for around half an hour to an hour at times. This is believed to be a homing in process where all of SCP-1853s vital functions begin and it gathers information on what has happened since it last laid dormant and what its target is. Once this process is complete, a shotgun identified as an FN pump action shotgun will materialise into its right hand, it is believed to have an endless pit of ammunition as a result of SCP-1853s extra-dimensional properties.

SCP-1853 is also written by scribes that have documented its presence to possess a large blade of "the sun" due to its bright, blazing red colour and incinerating anything it comes into contact with, SCP-1853 can dematerialize and rematerialize all of its current arsenal. SCP-1853 is measured at around 6 foot and 7 inches, its weight is unknown due to its black exoskeleton which is made out of an unidentifiable but believed to be indestructible material. It is known to possess a large amount of strength due to its body and its exo suit. SCP 1853 is able to create portals that allow it to move around effectively, though it takes around 5 seconds for them to form and requires a large amount of concentration to create them.

After its homing in phase, SCP-1853 will seek out its target, having an innate sense of its location but not a specific location, but more of a general location of where their target is. Upon the target being defeated, SCP-1853 will journey back to the peak of Scafell Pyke, it will use a portal to travel 100 metres away from the point where its coffin lays and travel the rest of the distance on foot, looking to become slowly more tired as it gets closer to its resurrecting point, the coffin will anomalously float until it is right below SCP-1853, which will then lie facing upwards, its arms rested with its sword, at this point the ground begins to crumble and re-bury SCP-1853s coffin.

One of the staff, Junior level 1 researcher Dr. Joseph Bradley was busy filling out some papers to do with his training at the SCP foundation, his quarters had a window that viewed directly to where SCP-1853 was currently idle, new seismometers had been put in place to monitor SCP-1853 activity that wasn't visible unless you could see through all the mud and dirt as the storm kicked in, it wasn't easy living atop of Scafell Pyke but it was designed to be suitable for isolation, they had area where food was grown and harvested and communication towers so that they could alert upper command and even 05 in the event that SCP-1853 became active.

He glanced at the monitor and watched the steady beeping as a laser image was shown of the coffin, thermal imaging was also shown and there was just, nothing.