Change of Plans

Marima: congratulations to us.... I mean this is it. We are finally graduating soon.
Heidi: yes I can't wait for us to be an air hostess soon, right Char.
Charlotte: uhm I don't think I'll be joining you in Uni.
Heidi: what?
Marima: you're not going to college?
Charlotte: no I mean... I won't be going to the same Uni as Heidi...I'm going to take up business course. Same as Marima.
Heidi: wait why? This is our dream since we were kids.
Charlotte: I know but... you know how my sister is my biggest supporter right?and now... She's asking me this huge favor. She wanted me to take over....
Marima: the company?
Charlotte: not the company since it's not ours. But to take over her position in the company since she's planning on retiring soon.
Heidi: that's great.
Charlotte: I'm sorry. I know we already set plans in Uni. But it's my sister.
Heidi: don't worry I understand
Marima: so it's gonna be us then. My University buddy.
Charlotte: don't worry Heidi we'll visit you every now and then.
Heidi: then we can go to the clubs and party all night.

That's what they thought. After their first year in college. Their classes started becoming difficult. They stopped going to clubs. And eventually their visit to Heidi's dorm became seldom.

Marima: I'm sorry Heidi we can't come over this weekend. We have a project paper due next week.
Heidi: it's ok. I'm also busy this week.

Months later Heidi is now dating someone from her class.

Heidi: girls I'm not coming home this holiday break.
Charlotte: why? We haven't seen you for months.
Marima: she's meeting her parents-in-law
Charlotte: what? Is it that serious already?
Heidi: they invited me to spend the holidays with them
Charlotte: what about your family? Don't you miss them?
Heidi: of course I do miss them. But they said it's fine. Mom and Dad will be spending the holidays in Denmark with grandma. So it's totally fine.