Under the Full Moon

─ ⋅◈⋅ ━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━ ⋅◈⋅ ─

Hyunjin carefully closed the wooden door of his room, hoping that it would not squeak. He clenched his teeth, holding his breath, as he gently pulled on it. The slightest wood hiss made him stop for a second, to check if it hadn't awakened his roommates.

Although Jeongin snored hard, he sometimes slept light.

Once he was sure that there was no suspicious noise, he continued, until he finally managed to close his door. The latch snapped, and he gently sighing with relief. He recovered the lantern from his feet.

His tongue slipped nervously on his lips as he went down the steps to the common room. His free hand passed through his short black hair to get his fringe out of his eyes. His shoulders slowly sagged. The fatigue of the day, even of the week, fell on him without warning. Both physically and mentally.

Hyunjin left Slytherin's quarters. He let out a chill from the freshness of the basements. They were in November, he should have expected it. His hands found his arms, rubbing them to try to warm him up. He only wore a simple wool jacket over his pajamas, a silly mistake now that he was thinking about it. He hoped it would be less cold where he was going.

His steps guided him cautiously through the various corridors of Hogwarts. The sky was clear that night, allowing the full moon, already high in the sky, to light its way. Hyunjin barely glanced at it. He preferred to hurry to reach his goal, before risking being caught by Mrs Norris, and thus, by Filch.

He could already feel his throat tightening as he climbed the stairs of one of the towers. At the top of it was a room where he liked to take refuge when he needed a break. Just like tonight.

It was a fairly small room, which seemed to be used as a storage room for some classes. It had a clear view of the Forbidden Forest, which always gave him a sense of calm.

However, this time he wasn't alone.

When Hyunjin opened the door, he came face to face with something he would never have imagined in the surrounding wall of Hogwarts. A wolf rose on his feet, seeming surprised by the sudden arrival of someone. The powerful growl he threw at Hyunjin frightened him, making him almost let go of his lantern.

For a moment he thought about getting his wand, stuck in his jacket pocket, but he quickly changed his mind. He was too scared to even move a finger. The wolf continued to growl in his direction, with his lips raised and his sharp teeth exposed.

Forcing himself to take a deep breath, Hyunjin quickly analyzed the situation. This wolf was much bigger than a classic wolf. Moreover, it was impossible for a wild animal to enter the school, much less a room closed by a door.

He didn't seem to be a werewolf either. Otherwise, Hyunjin would already be dead.

It was just a wolf. A really big wolf.