Chapter 14

That ghoul fortunately ended up being Mountain.

(Much to everyone in the comments dismay 💀)

Someone I actually got along with fairly well.

The tall 6 foot man towered over everyone, with me as an exception of course, as he made his entrance.

His voice cut through the thick silence that occured when he even stepped foot into the premises.

"So.. what's poppin' ?"

A hand flew up to the back of his neck in desperation to lighten up the dense atmosphere.

A hand clasped on to my mouth as I tried to suppress a light giggle. I swear I could see his eyes dart at my face before directing back at its original position, looking at Kasey. A massive grin took over my face as Cumulus chuckled and Kasey sprung up from her placement on the couch.

She slowly yet swiftly snuck up to the ghoul with her knees slightly bent. Her eyes peered up at him as he sweat dropped at her. Suddenly she pounced, her legs extending upward propelling herself onto him as he struggled to keep them both on their two legs.

I stared at them while laughing, Cumulus laughing along with me. Kasey was propped on his back with a big smile on her face. Her legs were attached to his waist as her hands wrapped around his neck. He was slightly hunched forward as his hands were grabbing her legs to ensure that she wouldn't fall.

His chest heaved up and down in fast vibrations. Like he was silently laughing.

As everyone was laughing and having a good time, my smile gradually faded. Although, no one could see it through the black thin fabric of the cloth that covered the bottom half of my face.

I couldn't help but feel a pang in the back of my heart as I stared at Mountain. He was having the time of his life, yet I wasn't the one making him laugh and smile.

I was jealous, I'll admit it.

Although I shouldn't, I should be happy.

Not whatever selfish things I'm thinking of.

I should be happy for other people achieving happiness, especially my friends.

But I couldn't. I was jealous of both of my best friends interacting with each other. Acting perfect for each other. Like the last two puzzle pieces of a puzzle firing together.

I had to admit, Mountain did make me feel things at times. When he would act shy yet cocky at times would make my heart flutter out of my rib cage.

Maybe that was just my Anxiety talking, but I felt really left out. Maybe I was over thinking. Even though I was the center of attention moments ago, the nagging in the back of my brain kept telling me I wasn't enough.

That I simply got boring.

I could just imagine their faces looking down at me in disgust as I try to apologize for something unknown.

The thought swimming around in my empty head, that they would leave me behind-

I was brought out of my negative thoughts and back to reality when I felt arms wrap around my waist from my left side.

I snapped my head to the side to see no one there. I thought I was slowly going stir crazy having been cooped up in the same stadium for the past two days.

That and having multiple Anxiety and Panic attacks in the last two days.

I was quickly proven incorrect when a groggy voice sounded out from below me.