ˏˋ°1*➷ 𝐈𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

╰┈➤ ❝ [My love was as                cruel as the cities I lived in] ❞

cruel as the cities I lived in] ❞

KIM JI-AN SIGHED, gripping the handle of one of her suitcases, as she stood outside the place she used to call home. Two days ago her mother had called, informing her that her 'vacations' in Miami were over and that she needed to come back to Seoul. Before the girl could ask why now after almost a year of being away, her mother had already hung up the phone, leaving Ji-an no other choice but to obey.

It was almost a year after Se-yeon's death, almost a year after Su-ho broke up with her, and almost a year after her life had been turned upside down. Being back in Seoul brought her unwanted memories she had tried to bury deep inside, making her want to get on an airplane and never look back.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Kang
Chin-Sun, the housekeeper. Ji-an always told her everything ever since she was a little girl. The old lady was like another mother to Ji-an. "Ms Kim, do you want me to put your clothes back on the drawers or do I still leave everything in the suitcases?"

Shaking her head as a no, the girl replied, "Don't take anything out." She liked to organize everything her own way, so that way she wouldn't have to deal with things not being in the place she wanted to. Chin-Sun nodded before grabbing the suitcases, including the one Ji-an was holding minutes ago and walking inside the house. Ji-an closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again and following after her.

"Your parents informed me you'll be going back to school tomorrow. They asked me to make sure your uniform is clean for your first day back."

Ji-an halted in her tracks, "Tomorrow?!"

Chi-Sun grimaced, knowing the poor girl would barely have any time to adjust back into her old life. "I'm sorry."

Shaking her head and pushing a piece of hair behind her ear, Ji-an asked, "It's not your fault." She crossed her arms. "Have you seen my parents or Ji-Hun?"

"Your parents are on a business trip and will arrive back in two days and your brother went out an hour before you got here, Ms Kim."

"Yeah, I figured." She stayed silent for a few seconds before sending Chin-Sun a pointed look. "And how many times do I have to tell you to please stop calling me Ms Kim? You know it makes me feel old. Plus, we've known each other for years, there's no point in being so formal." Ji-an scolded Chin-Sun, both of her hands placed on her hips.

Chin-Sun smiled in embarrassment. "Sorry, it's just, I haven't seen you in such a long time and I didn't know if you still wanted me to call you by your first name."