Dad?

Emily's POV

Still in the darkness, it was all I could see. But I didn't care. I didn't know if I was dead. Or I was alive? It was so confusing for me? How am I supposed to get out of here? How am I supposed to live? There were so many questions going through my head. But I couldn't help the tears that were streaming down my cheeks. Dad. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I wasn't there. Maybe if I was. I could have stopped you from dying. From driving that day. Maybe if I had, we would still be a familia. Like we once were. I miss that. Our familia. I miss our family. The family that was no longer together. Everything was just a mess. And it all started when I left and when I left home. Maybe it is best if I do die. I mean, everywhere I walk, there is death. The people that mean most to me, either gone or dead. And the ones that are still alive, they should steer clear of me. Or else they'll die too.

" Mija, why do you cry? What is the matter, baby girl?", I heard his voice. I clenched my eyes closed tightly. "Because, because your gone. And it's my fault. It's all my fault. If I never left, things would have been different", I whispered. I saw his knees and legs before I saw the rest of him. He picked up my chin with his fingers. And I gasped. He hasn't aged a day. "Is this really you dad? Or am I hallucinating?", I told him. More tears streamed down my cheeks. He hasn't aged since that day. No different from the last time I saw him. And that was ages and years ago. "I am here mija, I am no hallucination, I am here because I want to be here. I am here for you, and I need you to listen to me, can you do that?", he told me. I sniffled and nodded. My father. Was right in front of me. Looking like he did the last time I saw him. I wanted to break down. I wanted to cry and sob. I missed him so damn much.

'If I could catch a star for you
I swear I'd steal them all tonight
To make your every wish come true
Your every dream for all your life'

He gave me a sweet smile. "Okay mija, listen to me. My death was not on you, it was never your fault, never. You were never a coward for leaving. You were young. You were insecure, but you are still my daughter baby girl. And I would have done anything for you and the kids, and I wish I could be there with you. But you know I can't. But I am here now, with you. Telling you, that this, my death and the parting of our family was never your fault. Never. I promise, and you know I take my promises serious. So believe me when I say that none of this was your fault. When you wake up, I want you to live your life to the fullest. Have love, adventure, and excitement, just live the life you want. You know I'll always be with you. Always. I love you more then all the stars and the moons in the sky", he whispered to me softly.

I sniffled and leaned forward into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me. And I couldn't help myself. I cried into his chest. Like I did when I was just a child. My dad. My father. He was here. He was holding me. And I wanted this just for a little bit longer. I felt him softly caress my hair. "Everything will be okay mija, I promise", he whispered into my ear. He kissed the top of my head. I gripped his shirt in my grasp. "I love you too dad, I miss you so much", I whispered. My voice was cracking. I wanted to cry even more. I really did miss him. So damn much. "I miss you too my baby, I miss you too. But just know that I'll always be with you. Just like your mother will, the both of us will always be with you. Always", he whispered to me.

'But that's not how the story goes
The world is full of perfect plans
If there's a promise that I broke
I know one day you'll understand'

I slowly pulled back and got a good look at him. I grasped his face in my palms. I sniffled. "You haven't aged a day dad, you still look the same, as the day I lost you", I whispered softly. He grasped my hands and brought them to his lips. He pressed his lips to my palm. "You will never lose me mija, never. I will always be with you", he told me softly. I sniffled again and nodded. I smiled watery. "Things have changed so much since you left dad, a lot", I told him. But all he did was give me a smile. "Oh I know. I see everything that happens, I always knew you made Dominic happy, you always did. I was wondering when the two of you would finally confess your love to one another", he told me. I couldn't help but blush. He always knew that one day we would get together. He was rooting for us.

'When times are hard
I know you'll be strong
I'll be there in your heart
And you will carry on
Like moonlight on the water
And sunlight in the sky
Fathers and daughters
Never say goodbye'

But then he turned serious. My smile disappeared. "It's almost time for you to go mija. We can't stay here forever, you need to wake up", he told me. No. No. No. I wasn't ready to say goodbye. I wasn't ready to say goodbye! I barely got any time with him. I threw my arms around him. "No. Dad. Please. Don't go. I'm not ready to say goodbye to you, I'm not ready, please don't leave me, please", I whispered as fresh tears streamed down my cheeks. I wasn't ready to say goodbye.

'An angel I will read to sleep
Gave me one dream of my own
So learn to love and spread your wings
And find the one to call your own'

I felt him caress my hair again. "It's never goodbye baby girl. My sweet daughter. It's never goodbye. It's until the next time I see you. And you know I will always be with you. Always. I will never ever leave you, I love you", he whispered to me. I sniffled and clenched my eyes closed. I wasn't ready to go back. I just wanted more time. I wanted more time with him. "I love you dad", I whispered to him. I felt him tighten his grip on me. "I Will always love you my daughter. Always. Never forget that", he whispered to me.

'When times are hard
I know you'll be strong
I'll be there in your heart
And you will carry on
Like moonlight on the water
And sunlight in the sky
Fathers and daughters
Never say goodbye'

And before he disappeared. He whispered something that confused me. "Take care of my grandchildren for me. They'll be a handful. Believe me, but they'll love you nonetheless", he whispered.

And then it all went dark.

Again.

'When times are hard
I know you'll be strong
I'll be there in your heart
And you will carry on
Like moonlight on the water
And sunlight in the sky
Fathers and daughters
Never say goodbye
Fathers and daughters
Never say goodby'