☾︎ 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 ☽︎

Narcissa Malfoy had always considered herself a woman who remained relatively composed in the face of tragedy.

Her sister was cast from their family for simply loving the wrong person.

Narcissa had not cracked.

A war started in her last year at school, her marriage was pushed forward in a panic and the pressure to produce an heir to the Black and Malfoy fortunes became suffercating.

Narcissa almost broke, almost.

Her little cousin Regulus disappeared, pronounced dead and Sirius cut him self off from all of them, her other sister, Bellatrix was practically driven out of her mind be power that consumed everyone under the influence of the ominous Lord Voldermort, the rest of her family and her husband included.

Narcissa came so close, but she remained composed, as she always did because she was a Black, and Black's do not show their fear.

Black's do not crack under pressure.

And perhaps most importantly of all, Black's do not lose control of their emotions.

But then somebody threatened her son.

The moment that Voldemort put Draco on that suicide mission Narcissa had ready made her choice, and so had the Dark Lord.

Making am unbreakable bond with Snape had only been the first step, reassurance, Bellatrix had knew about that bit but Narcissa knew well enough not to say anything about Vildemort in front of her elder sister who practically worshipped the man with all her body and soul. One might even go as far to say she loved him.

When the death eaters had followed the dark wizard into the forbidden forest where he challenged Harry Potter, Narcissa began to panic. She could see her plan falling apart before her very eyes, if Voldemort managed to kill the chosen one there was little hope for her son.

When he survived she could only pray that he would finish the job. When Harry lifted hid wand Narcissa clutched her own, unafraid to complete the task if the boy should fail.

What neither party had expected was somebody else to do it for them. Harry had only gotten halfway throught the forbidden curse when a familiar voice had cut him off chanting the same spell and causing the Dark Lord to turn back to dust.

The culprit of the curse stepped out of the shadows and Narcissa felt her breath catch in her throat.

She stood in stunned silence along with everyone else before slughorn broke it be speaking the name that she hadn't heard in almost two decades.

"Regulus Black" he breathed in disbelief.

Narcissa fainted.

Hello again! I am so sorry that this took so long I jave had no motivation to write at all recently but it is slowly coming back thankfully. A big thanks to everyone who has chosen this story as thier newest read despite the short chapter count an long wait love you all ♡

- A