Interlude ; 0

I was... Floating? No, no I think I was lying down. I felt like I was underwater.

It was dark... A dark that was... Comforting, in a sense. I couldn't move, but I was breathing and I wasn't fully awake so that made sense, I guess.

I heard a bell toll undercoursed by hooves and rickety wheels.

My eyes were closed, when I opened them, there was a cloud of ink swirling around me. At least, I thought it was ink.

The ink cleared, and there was a mirror.

"Ah... My dear beloved..."

Who was that? I heard a chuckle, in my sleep-addled state I started chuckling too. Honestly, it was a stupid question.

A step forward, I was moving without control... I was okay with that.

"A lovely and noble flower of evil..."

Two steps, I was getting closer to the mirror... That's okay.

"Truely, you are the most beautiful of all..."

I had overheard(read; eavesdropped) the lord of a village discussing a tale with her guard about something like that... Snow-

Another step, I continued to get closer as the voice spoke.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall..."

A queen's rule is only as beautiful as herself-

"Who is the-"

Fairest of them all? Where do I know that from? The more I think, the more the thoughts leave me... That was okay, I guess.

"Those who are guided by the dark mirror."

This voice was intense, deep and childish at the same time, it rang through my head like the bells of O'khasis or those in Notre Dame... Where was that again?

"As long as your heart desires, take the hand that appears in the mirror."

A hand reached from the darkness, I moved my arm on my own accord. And grasped it, he pulled me with him into the mirror.

I was running suddenly, more like being dragged behind as the short or was he tall figure ran through the forest.

"So you're the one who called for me?" His voice was what I had heard before taking his hand, it must have been him.

Where are we going? He giggled, I couldn't help but chuckle along, his laughter was infectious.

"You'll see when you wake up, beastie..."

Then suddenly, I fell, down, down, down into an abyss.

I hit the ground, in front of me was a monster. It was large, like a lion with blue fire and tentacles as his mane, a snakish tail whipped around behind it, large leathery wings sprouted from its back and its legs looked robotic, like something Kenmur would make.

I froze, stupid fight-or-flight, as it reared its head at me -his eyes were so saddened, like I had betrayed him before- before opening its maw and shooting me down with its flames. They burned me, I screamed without making a noise...

I was running again, holding the boy's hand as he dragged me onward. "For me, for them, for you."

He was speaking again.

"We are all running out of time."

I knew, deep down, that he was right.

"No matter what, never let go of my hand."

We had stopped running, he hugged me, were about the same height I noticed dully. Smiling fangs met me when he pulled away...

I was floating again, but this time I had purpose. This time I knew what needed to be done... But would I even remember what that was?

I could do anything.