2

"Stop, stop... Please... Appa..."

Jungkook's eyes snapped open, his body drenched in cold sweat. His heart pounded, and his whole body shook as he scanned the room, feeling paranoid, fearing that the nightmare had repeated itself yet again.

Not a single day had passed since Jimin left without Jungkook experiencing the same terrifying dream. The shouting, the screaming, the crying, and the pleading haunted him nightly, replaying in his mind like a disturbing movie—a movie of his own childhood.

"Why did you do that?"

Jungkook asked the empty room. It was a question he had always asked, but one that would forever remain unanswered. No one could answer it. No one even knew about the nightmares, not even his ex-husband.

Tears welled up in Jungkook's eyes, full of painful memories. He wished he could forget every awful thing from his past.

Ding

Lee Ahjumma
Don't forget, today at 1 pm

Jungkook sighed heavily, tossing his phone onto the bed. His aunt, Lee Ahjumma, often stressed him out—especially with the arranged marriage talk. She had set him up on a date with her friend’s daughter. Jungkook never opposed her, as his aunt was the only family he had left. She had raised him, and he couldn't refuse her.

"Hi, I'm Jieun."

"Please, take a seat. I'm Jungkook."

This was the first move Jungkook made to get to know Lee Jieun. They chatted easily, enjoying each other’s company as they found they had a lot in common.

"Nice meeting you, Jungkook. I’m looking forward to the next date, maybe?"

Jieun smiled, waiting for his response. Jungkook nodded. Maybe he did enjoy spending time with her and wouldn't mind seeing her again.

"You look happy."

Namjoon wasn’t the only one who noticed Jungkook’s improved mood over the past two months. Some of their colleagues had picked up on it too. Namjoon, however, knew that Jungkook had been seeing someone.

"Don’t play with someone’s heart, Jungkook."

"I’ve told you many times, she’s just my friend. Nothing more."

"That’s how you see it, but what about her? Maybe she wants more. Maybe she’s already in love with you. Who knows..."

Jungkook couldn’t respond. His mind wandered, thinking over Namjoon’s words. He had told Jieun clearly—he wasn’t looking for a relationship. He just wanted to be friends.

"Jungkook!"

Jieun beamed as she saw Jungkook approaching. They had planned a simple picnic in the park while watching an indie band perform.

"Gosh, this is the best picnic I’ve ever had. Thanks to you."

Jieun smiled as she held the now-empty picnic basket. She loved spending time with Jungkook, especially because they shared a passion for music.

"I didn’t do anything special."

Jungkook mumbled, scratching his head. Out of nowhere, his eyes widened in shock as Jieun suddenly leaned in, pressing her lips to his. His heart nearly exploded when he saw his ex-husband, Jimin, watching them with a look of sheer pain.

Jungkook quickly pushed Jieun away and rushed toward Jimin, who had already started walking off.

"J-Jimin... No, no..."

He managed to catch Jimin by the wrist, his heart shattering even further when he saw tears streaming down Jimin’s face.

"Let me go..."

Jimin's voice was weak, pleading. He didn’t want to be here any longer. He regretted coming to watch the band with Hobi; if he hadn’t, his heart wouldn’t have been broken like this.

"It’s not what it looks like."

"I don’t need an explanation. You... you can do whatever you want. I’m... I’m just your ex-husband. I’m nobody. Nobody."

A sob escaped from Jimin as he covered his face with his trembling hand. His other hand gently rubbed his belly as he cried, heartbroken. He had never imagined that Jungkook would move on so easily.

"Baby... please..."

"Let’s go, Minie."

Hobi pulled Jimin’s hand, and Jimin obediently followed his friend, too devastated to argue.

"If I were there, I’d have punched him right in the face!"

Tae spat angrily. No one should hurt Jimin, especially not Jungkook—not anymore.

"Shhh... Let him rest."

Jin said softly, not wanting Tae’s outburst to disturb Jimin, who lay pretending to sleep, even though they all knew he wasn’t.

Later that night, Jungkook’s phone dinged with a notification. He grabbed it quickly, and his heart raced as he saw the message.

Jimin uploaded a new photo.

It had been seven months since Jimin last updated his Instagram. Tears welled up in Jungkook’s eyes as he read the caption.

Jimin: "It hurts when you realize you're not as important to someone as you thought you were

Jimin: "It hurts when you realize you're not as important to someone as you thought you were."

"Baby, you are important to me, more than anyone else in my life..."