Heat of the moment

It's Monday morning and the station 19 crew are getting ready for halloween. The crew had their costumes picked out and ready to put on once their shift was over. They had a short shift due to it being halloween. They had several calls during their shift. Some of the calls were pranks and others were not. After their shift ended, they all took a shower and put on their costumes. Some of them decided to just wear their uniform and the others chose to wear costumes.

Andy decided to just wear her uniform while Robert went for a costume. The whole team started to scare and prank each other. Some kids passed by the fire station to get candy. While the other kids wanted to see the fire trucks. Robert was in the locker room putting in the final details onto his costume.

Robert went for a simple one, not too much or not too little. No one ever saw him in a costume because he rarely wears any when it comes to Halloween. It came with a black jumpsuit, a mask, and a belt.

"Oh my god Robert! Never in my life would I have expected to see you in a .... Costume". She gestured to his costume. Andy walked into the locker room dressed as herself. " I mean what can I say I'm full of surprises, and you know I'm doing this for the kids right?" She smirked at him and she pulled out her phone from the back pocket of her pants. She started to take pictures of Robert until he grabbed her phone. Although the pictures of him came out cute. "Oh come on, you asked for it."

His height never really bothered her but now seeing him use it to his advantage so she couldn't get her phone was frustrating to say the least. "Robert please, give me my phone back I'll delete them" she said with no intention of really deleting the photos she hoped her puppy eyes would be enough to get what she wanted. It always worked that way when they were together. "Mmh-hmm, sure you are, you really think that I believe you I really doubt you'll even delete them." He smirks. "Don't be a jerk and just give me my phone back, I won't take any more pictures of you I promise."

Robert was definitely giving her a really hard time even though he was just doing it so that he could tease her and get her frustrated. Robert teased her a little bit more until he finally gave in and gave her phone back to her. "Fine, here you go." He hands her phone back to her. She sighs in relief that she got her phone back. "Finally, thank you" She smiles. He smiles back.

Throughout the day, the crew were in a happy mood and they were laughing and sharing stories. They were also doing activities so some of the kids were able to have some more fun and create memories. Andy and Robert were both laughing and smiling. They were both having a great time with the kids whenever they came into the fire station to get some candies or see the fire trucks.

After they were spending some time with the kids and the crew, Robert and Andy wandered around the fire station, they both went different ways. Robert had something in mind throughout the day so he finally decided to do it and see how it plays out.

Robert saw Andy walk towards the bunks, Robert ducked behind the lockers adjusting his mask, he thought to himself, this was the perfect opportunity to get her blood pumping and scare her. It was a little payback for the prank she played on him earlier. He was following her, Andy was turning around sometimes but Robert was being discreet. Andy went into the locker room so she could get the thing she was looking for. Robert was so quiet that Andy didn't even notice that he was also in the locker room.

Andy passed him but she didn't see him until he scared her. Andy stumbled and almost lost her balance until Robert caught her so she wouldn't have fallen onto the floor. Andy and Robert were both staring into each other's eyes and it was very intense, and nothing mattered at the moment.

Her eyes met his. How did he do that? How did he always seem to see straight into her eyes with pure love and happiness? They had their ups and down during their relationship but they always seem to figure things out on their own. They continued to stare into each other's eyes, Andy got butterflies in her stomach just by staring into his eyes.

This moment was different for them; they had gotten a divorce, they still cared for each other. Andy had so many thoughts running through her mind. Stop it. Stop reading into all the things out of our control right now she thought. She took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

Robert also had so many thoughts running through his mind. He let his mind wander back to those times before.... before they got a divorce. He searched frantically for her eyes, seeing what he wanted to see, needed to see. It took a second to realize that they both wanted the same thing. They both let out a breath and Andy was the first to make a move.

Andy pushes Robert's mask to the side, they were still staring into each other's eyes. They both started to lean forward, Andy put one arm on his cheek and her other hand landed on his hips while Robert put both of his hands on her cheek. They were about to kiss until they heard someone clear their throat. They wished they didn't get interrupted because it's been quite a while since they kissed and they really wanted to kiss at the precise moment. Little did they know that the person that interrupted them was the one and only Vic.

Andy and Robert both stand up at the same time looking at each other while Vic was just standing there with a confused smirk on her face. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your guys' little moment." She smirks at them. Andy was the first to talk. "No, you're not interrupting anything." She says shyly. Robert talked after. "You didn't interrupt anything." Even though in his mind, he wished they didn't get interrupted because Robert definitely wanted to kiss her since it's been a really long time since they last kissed. His thoughts were interrupted by Vic, she really didn't believe them.

"Mmh-hmm, yeah sure." Vic didn't even believe them at all at that moment. "I'm gonna leave you guys two alone and pretend that you guys weren't about to kiss." She smirks at them again and she left them both alone so they can both think about what was just going to happen before she came into the locker room.

Andy looked back at Robert. "I'm gonna go." "Yeah, me too." Andy and Robert both went their separate ways to clear their minds before they went back with the rest of the team.