The other side

With the glowing crops shining in my eye I let the question linger in the cool air. "Where am I?, this place looks so different from the neighborhood" I said curiously. Topaz simply stared at me with wide eyes and stated "You're in the harvest realm..." pausing waiting for me to become familiar. I didn't know about this place at all. But the thought of Erin came into my head. Out of all things. I left her on the other side, I audibly gasped "OH shoot,,I LEFT ERIN!" I said turning around swiftly trying to climb back up the wall. Topaz just stood amazed that I was trying to climb back up the very thing that landed me with a bruised butt. "What..are you doing..?" They said confused staring at my weak attempt to climb back up the wall " I left my dog!" I said with a heavy sigh "dog? Is that your companion?" Topaz asked "yes! And I need to get her before she wonders off" you say groaning trying to pull yourself over a rock or two before slipping and nearly dying (again). "She won't wonder" they say "time works differently here,, your companion will be just fine" you looked up at Topaz, they were right she was fine after all your aunt did live in a fancy gated community. And plus you were curious about this new realm and being. "You're probably right" I say with a sigh. Topaz tilts their head to the side like a cat, eyes filled with wonder. "Hmmmm" they hum at me,, I make the "?" Face and they simply turn on their heels and head towards the grape tree saying "come, follow me" I obligated. But we moved past the tree as I reached out my hand to graze the tall golden wheat. Still following Topaz their smell wafting into my face, I'm not complaining they smell sooo delicious and their fabrics flowing gently, they seem to float when they walk. We make it to an enormous radiant tree glowing with life and bearing thousands of fruits and brown, red, yellow and orange leaves. Topaz pauses for you to catch up and gives you a reassuring smile. You hear sweet sounds of music and smell oh the smell,, you smell all kinds of autumn scents your head feels like it's in the sky. Well one thing you KNEW is that if this wasn't a different realm you would be able to see this giant tree from your house. So it was certain that you were somehow somewhere else and the second thing was that you definitely didn't want to leave. Everything felt so warm yet when I left the house it was at least 50° so why was I so warm and why is Topaz gawking me? "Do you like it?" They marvel "yes" I say breathlessly "I do.." watching the constant falling leaves and birds chirping. "I do enjoy it too,,, but if you want to see something really beautiful you should see the village" looking away from me they smile "village?" I ask "the folks that live in the constant state of autumn,,my beautiful people" they say looking down the path from where music is seeping from. I aimlessly follow to hear sounds of laughter and a soft guitar with some slow singing. Floating lights were hovering in between trees as if magic was keeping them afloat. And the "people" Topaz was talking looked like them but my height. As in "looked like them" I mean they wore similar clothes and had contrasting hair they came in all color, shape and form. And they barley even noticed me and Topaz watching them celebrate life and enjoying the harvest they accumulated so far. "Oh,, this is single handedly the most calming and carefree thing I've seen in a while" I thought to myself with being in school and work I haven't had time to decompress and this just lifted all the air out of my lungs and swept me off my feet. Dancing, singing, eating and playing with not a care in the world. I admired them all especially the older couples slow dancing, gosh they were too cute. "[Y/n]?" Topaz says snapping me out of my haze. "Hmm?" I say eyes still locked onto the ecstatic crowd. "Would you like to dance?" They hold out their hand waiting. And as a response I instinctively grab it as they lead us to the "dance floor" and here I am slow dancing with their chest cause I'm like a foot or 2 shorter than them, but jokes aside I'm wrapped in their warmth as they hold me in our waltz. As we dance for what feels like a lifetime we stray away from the crowd to introduce me to the elders of the village. And older couple two women hold out their hands to greet us eventhough they seem more excited to see Topaz and treat them as if they were their grandchild (eventhough Topaz is way older and probably will out live them) and then look to me with a smile still on their wrinkly faces both of them holding one hand out and ask "and who might you be?"
--------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:
Part 2 wow!!! Again thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed it! -trinity