Kitsunami's Love

Kitsunami held on to the straps of his pack tightly, looking towards the front door of the workshop of none other then the twin tailed wonder himself.

He drew in a deep, shaky breath, his cheeks flushed with red.

"Ugh... Why is it still so nerve wracking... ?"

He drew his hand forward to knock softly on the door.

He and Tails had been friends for some time... But...

During Surge's isolation, a bit of an unforseen developement between the two occurred.

The door opened, the two tailed fox's eyes lighting up when they fell upon the fennec.

"Kit... !" He reached forward, taking hold of one of his hands and pulling him inside.

"Ah... !!" Kit nearly stumbled as he was pulled in, but he smiled a soft shaky smile as he looked up towards the taller fox.

Much to his surprise however, as soon as the door was closed behind the two, the kitsune pulled the little fennec into his arms, holding him close and resting his chin atop his head.

"Ahh... I missed you..." He said softly.

"I-i missed you too... ! S-sorry for... The bit of radio silence..." Kit could feel his cheeks warming up even more as he heard Tails speak so softly to him.

"It's fine... !" Tails gently lifted the fennec's chin, looking into his eyes. "Just glad to know you're OK... What was going on exactly ? I-if you don't mind me asking... !"

A soft purring emitted from the fennec as his eyes met the kitsune's, his tail swaying ever so gently. He thought for a moment on the question.

"Hmm... Surge had... A bit of a breakdown..." His expression grew a bit sorrowful. "She apologized to me for... How she treated me... Sh-she seems to want to do better... I'm worried about her..."

Tails' looked to the fennec sympathetically, swiftly shifting his hand to his partner's cheek, and gently caressing it with his thumb.

"Hey now... It'll be OK ! You know Surge is strong... And she's got you supporting her... Things'll get better."

"Hmmm..." Kit couldn't help but lean into Tails' hand, closing his eyes as his mind shifted from the tenrec to solely being fixated on the Kitsune.

Kit had been living the life he'd been wanting while Surge isolated, which in his eyes wasn't complete without her but...

A part of him did believe it was something he deserved... Especially after the way not only Starline treated him, but how Surge herself treated him. So he'd go out and hang with Sonic and Tails most the time. Growing especially close to the fox and eventually realizing... He loved him.

Recalling the day he confessed never failed to make his heart flutter. It had slipped out by accident but the kitsune had returned the feelings, immediately scooping the little fennec up and kissing him.

His purrs grew louder, his tail wagging a bit faster.

"Whoa, someone's happy !" Tails giggled upon seeing the state of his fennec partner.

"Ahh... That's n-not hard when I'm... With you..."  He opened his eyes, looking up at the taller fox, placing a hand over his as he proceeded to nuzzle into it. "I-i really did miss you a lot..."

Tails smiled, leaning closer to the fennec until their foreheads were touching.

"Yeah... I missed you too KitKat..." He reached around the fennec, scooping him up into his arms, never breaking the gaze they had in each others eyes. "So... Did ya come here for anything specific... ?"

"A-ah... You..."

"Me... ?" This made Tails smile.

"Mhm..."

The young kitsune chuckled, planting a kiss on the purring fennec's cheek.

"Well, then why don't we head to the house and chill for a bit, huh ? We can watch some TV and maybe... Cuddle... ?"

"I-... Y-yea... Th-that would be nice... !!" Kit said.

"OK... !"

And with that, the two tailed fox carried the fennec off to the house. He walked into the living room, promptly sitting on the couch, holding Kit on his lap, then reaching for the TV remote.

"Have... You been OK ?" He says as he absent mindedly picks some random show. It was more for background noise if anything anyway.

"I've... Been alright." Kit said. "Better now that.... You're here..."

Tails chuckled, holding the fennec as close as he could.

"Yeah... It has been kinda dull without you, yaknow..."

"I-it has... ?"

"Of course it has. In case you hadn't noticed, I love you."

The fox began to softly stroke the fennec's ears, gazing into his eyes once more as he set the remote down. The fennec's purrs of which had quieted down, once more raised their volume. He felt so safe and at ease whenever he was with Tails. Nothing else this world mattered but the two of them.

"I-i... I love you too... !" Kit nuzzled into Tails' hand, smiling to him so lovingly. "I love you so much... Tails..."

The fox leaned forward, pressing his nose to the fennecs, his eyes falling shut, as he hummed softly.

"You're purring is always so soothing..." He once again spoke softly, in such a loving tone.

The fennec's eyes closed as well, a soft and warm smile on his face, as he simply treasured this moment with Tails.

"Is it... ?" He was almost whispering.

"It is."

And with that, Tails pressed his lips to Kit's, a soft purr of his own beginning to emit as they kissed each other. Kit wrapped his arms all the way around Tails, clinging to him gently, and getting lost in this feeling of love and appreciation. Tails proceeded to keep the fennec close, wrapping his tails around him.

Their lips eventually parted, the two of them sighing softly as they slowly opened their eyes and looked at on another with warm, loving smiles. Their cheeks both dusted in red. The fennec giggled as he rested his head on the taller fox's chest.

Tails proceeded to pet the fennec's ears, while once again resting his head atop his.

"I really... Really missed this..." He said.

"Me too..." Said Kit.