Chapter 3 - Getting back into it.

For the next few weeks, Natsu constantly visited the guild. There were still times however where he was nowhere to be seen but every one knew better than to go search for him, he still needed his time.

Happy and Natsu had grown close again and were always hanging out together in the guild. They never went on a mission though. Natsu didn't see himself fit for such a job and he had saved money before the incident so it wasn't as if they would need it any time soon.

Happy was always nervous bringing up certain topics with Natsu. Whether it had something to do with Lucy or not, Natsu would always tense up about something, anything related to the incident or fighting. But it eventually he let it slip.

Natsu POV

"Natsu, let's go on a mission" Happy poured out at me. His mouth dropped instantly after noticing what he had said. I, however, am left not knowing quite how to act. At first I thought it would be good just to forget what was said but I've made roo much of a reaction to lie.

I glance over at Mira who seems quite delighted but Happy's 'blurt out'.

"Uh, yeah, sure?" I said not knowing what else to say. I didn't really want to go but I suppose I have been treating Happy pretty bad. This is the least I could do.

"Really?" Happy asked in his cutesy little voice.

"Yeah" I say and confirm it with a smile. Happy's eyes grew in excitement and started tearing up. He started to shake then latched on to my chest. I could feel the tears through my jacket.

He finally let go and started racing around the guild. "Natsu and I are going on a quest minna!" I quickly lost sight of him but could clearly hear him.

"I've got the perfect quest for you two!" Mira stated. She reached under the bar and pulled out an old looking quest sheet. It had dust all over it and was an off yellow in colour.

It said:

'HELP WANTED

WIZARDS TO HELP CLEAR OUT OLD LIBRARY

WE DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BOOKS

WE JUST WANT THEM GONE

REWARD: 50,000J'

"Clear out a library, doesn't sound too hard. We'll do it." I say to Mira. Just as I finish, Happy is right back by my side and ready to go. "Well I'll go pack and we will get going, come on Happy"

"Aye Sir"

No one's POV

Natsu and Happy left waving to everyone as they headed down the road. Mira's smile turned from excited to a peaceful smile.

"Hey Mira, where did you get that mission from, I thought you had to put all of them on the board?" Levy asked in a curious tone.

"Before we all left on that mission that lead to the incident, Lucy found that sheet and gave it to Mira to look after so her and Natsu could go on it after we got back. Said that Natsu could burn up as much of the books as he wanted, as long as she didn't want them for herself that was" Erza said leaning down onto the bar. You could see the hurt spread across her face. No one had fully gotten over her yet. "On a side note, how long do you think it'll take Natsu before he realises where he is going, he will have to take a boat or attempt to swim to get there."

"He probably won't even realise he has to take a boat till he is half way out to sea" Laxus pipes in, this makes most of them giggle in amusement.

(On the boat with Natsu and Happy)

Natsu hung over the boat, green in the face, Happy sitting right next to him and giggling to himself. Things never really did change; it was just a gap in time.

Happy ended up latching himself to the parts of Natsu that weren't over the side of the boat. "Thank you Natsu, I missed doing this" Happy's voice began to crack and Natsu gathered that Happy had gotten emotional again.

Natsu reached around one of his arms to somewhat hug Happy. He too was truthfully happy to start going on missions again. He thought it might be his road to recovery.

After a day and a half, Natsu and Happy returned to the guild. Natsu had brought back a book with him called "The Key of the Starry Night". They had owned one previous but lost it while travelling not long after dealing with Tartaros. It was one of the books he couldn't bare to burn, especially when the book had once meant so much to her.

Natsu and Happy walked through the doors of the guild and were shocked to find barely anyone. The only members still there were on the floor surrounded by pieces of wood and glass, which was once all part of the guild. From the outside the guild was in mint condition but inside was a nightmare.

Natsu and Happy rushed to the first body they could see through the rubble. They brushed off the pieces of the guild from the top of the person. When finished they realised who it was. Jellal. As they looked around the room they saw others that had joined Jellal and Meredy in their fight to rid of all black magic.

Happy rushed to help everyone else while Natsu stayed with Jellal. He was white and covered in specks of dirt. Natsu shook Jellal trying to get him to wake up or show some form of conscious.

"Jellal? Jellal!" A girls voice came from the other side of the guild.

"Natsu come quick" Happy called to Natsu and he went running towards where Happy's voice came from. There he saw Erza lying on the ground in tears and hands over her face.

"Erza? What's wrong?" He kneeled down next to her. He tried hard to comfort Erza but she wouldn't let him.

"Jellal, is he ok? He took the most damage, he saved me, I thought he was dead, I blacked out, I don't know what's going on, none of us could fight him, it was just like the incident, no one could stop him, we felt useless" Erza blurted out everything and Natsu could barely keep up. When she had finished she burst into tears again. This was the most vulnerable he had ever seen her since the funeral. What had happened while he was gone?