𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎.

Kai's POV:

I wasn't an alcoholic but the bar was becoming my new favorite place in this God-awful town.

My mood had been immensely sour over the past few  days. Not only did Liv and Luke take forever and a fucking day to convince Jo to take her magic back, but the Mystic Falls goons tried to ambush me.

I was simply taking a nostalgic walk in the cemetery when Jo's baby boo, I think his name was Aaron, strong-armed me into a chokehold and held a gun to my head. I've never actually had a gun pointed at me, but that was because modern weaponry didn't really exist in the world of supernaturals. It was a little gimmicky but I actually kind of dug it. It was like I was in the standoff scene in an action movie.

Come to find out it was Damon who'd attempted to blow my head off in an effort to get rid of me when he emerged from the shadows, ordering the wannabe Crocodile Dundee to kill me. It really didn't take a genius to know who'd organized this ambush when the bloodsucker had been stalking me since his group of friends told me to stay away from Avalon. Then came Jo dramatically running into the scene, begging her boyfriend not to kill me, despite Damon's persistent protests.

Initially, I didn't understand why she wouldn't just go with the plan until she was going on and on about how it wasn't fair if Liv and Luke were forced to do the merge. I honestly didn't give a fuck if it was fair or not. I wasn't allowing Jo to slither her way out of our merge again. She'd already screwed me eighteen years ago and her being my twin was the only reason why I wasn't gutting her the first chance I got.

After dreamily gazing into my sister's pleading blue eyes for a total of five seconds, Aaron finally let me go, to which I successfully cloaked myself before Damon had the chance to take matters into his own hands. It was also funny to see his head turn like an alert dog, ready to pounce if he caught a glimpse of me.

My sister didn't take her magic back until the next day, after the full moon. Not to mention, another celestial event wasn't on the books to occur until December 18th. I didn't know how the blonde twins convinced Jo to get her magic back and I didn't care. I was pissed that the merge was put on hold once again, prolonging my stay in this town.

So as I waited not so patiently, I decided to channel my frustrations by engaging in sporadic and somewhat regulated post-prison world one-night stands. They had begun around three days after I returned to the real world, and had been occurring on a regular basis whenever I needed a release. I mean, I was a man coming out of eighteen years of solitude. My sex drive was through the roof.

Unfortunately, I realized that even in the real world, not everyone followed the universally agreed upon no strings attached rule. I at least thought that the population would have come to the same general consensus of sexual freedoms after eighteen years of society's demand for monogamy. I just wanted to fuck with no exclusivity on the table.

Letting the stragglers go quickly became a scripted dialogue I recited the second they tried to sneak in a can I sleep over or do you want to go out for breakfast once I came back down to reality. Sue me, but I was still (somewhat) young. I wanted a couple of fun interludes before I was juggling coven leader duties, not being saddled down into the makings of a relationship. They all were just hazy clouds of names and faces as the face belonging to the one name of the woman I actually wanted was off the table.

I sipped my gin thoughtfully. Not even Twitter or a quickie with a pretty stranger could shake me from the funk I was in. And I couldn't determine whether the merge itself would even be enough to shake me out of it either.

The only thing good thing coming out of all this was that I had more time to grapple with my magic, or else I'd kill Jo before we could even get the first sanguinem out. It still festered uncomfortably, but the overwhelming intensity suddenly diminished three days ago in a seemingly telltale sign.