Apartment

So, this whole thing takes place in a second story dingy yellowed apartment at night that has only two lights on that barely illuminate the room. I was sitting on the couch just kinda staring at the wall hearing scratching noises occasionally, and every time I would get up to investigate it my head would hurt and my jaw would begin to lock up in a weird way. The scratching turned to quiet shuffles and i threw a pillow into the darkened parts of the room. A person I know comes out from the unlit hallway to see how im doing. I explain that I keep hearing noises and that I felt like something was watching me. They sit next to me and try to calm me down with conversation. Their words brought me comfort, but slowly the sound of them speaking became softer and my attention drifted back to the dark of the room. Things became uncomfortably quiet. I just kept staring hoping that I'd just fall asleep to pass the time.
My eyes widen as they begin to make out a shadowy figure in the dark side of the room. I jump off the couch my head pounding and jaw began to lock up again, I run to the nearest chair and haphazardly toss it into the dark. I hear a low grumble and all the lights go out. I stand frozen and as my eyes begin to adjust to the dark I see a short bipedal being about half my height with long fur covering its eyes with these thick treetrunk arms about 5 feet away from me. The first thing that came to mind was to just attack it so I screamed and lunged at it with my knife in my pocket that I usually carry. It screeches in horror and inhumanly dashes into the next room. As I miss my thrust another one passes me by, and another after that.
I hear loud knocking now from below me that quickly turns to a knock at the door-Still frozen by the fear of what I had just witnessed, I cant motivate myself to move. My head pounding still and my jaw seemingly about to pop off whatever it hinges to. Before i can even fully collect myself the door breaks open and 4 people begin to run in and go to separate parts of the apt. knocking things over and screaming in the dark. The person that was with me was nowhere to be seen. I feel myself being swept by the ankles and hands cover my mouth and face.