1

My room is filled with boxes, tons of them. Today is the last day I have in Peaceville.

My mom peeks her head into my room and some men come in to bring them into the moving truck.

"Look, I'm sorry about this. I had a great job opportunity at work and couldn't turn it down!"

"Save it," I groan as I stare out of the window.

I could live on the streets for all I care, as long as I'm with him. 

"Hey, don't you want to spend your final day here with Corey?" She asks. I'm guessing that's her last resort to cheering me up. I turn my head back to her and nod.

The walk to Corey's house is short and I find myself in his garage. The place our band practices in. Or did.

A pair of hands cover my eyes.

"Guess whoooooo!" The voice I'm guessing the hands belong to hums.

"Corey, what are you doing?"

He uncovers my eyes and comes into view.

"Eh, I got bored. And I'll be even more bored after you move away." He frowns. "But hey, we can still call."

"Yeah..." I sigh.

"Kin and Kon had to go on a vacation, so it's just you and me."

"I know, I received their texts about it yesterday."

"So, aren't you here to hang out? We shouldn't waste it," he says. He puts his hand in mine. "Come on!"

Corey pulls me to an amusement park and buys some tickets.

"So, what ride do you want to go on?" He asks, his face pointing in my direction.

"The rollercoaster," I grin.

Corey's eyes widen. "Oh no."

He's been afraid of heights for as long as I can remember, and I've tried to help him overcome it many times. It hasn't worked once, but this will be my last resort to help him.

We board the rollercoaster and I turn to look at Corey. Sweat rolls down his forehead as he sits in his seat.

The coaster starts to go up and Corey tightly holds my hand as it reaches the top.

WOOSH

We drop down and he screams. "I LIKE YOU LANEY PENN!" He holds onto his beanie and tightens his grip on my hand.