Chapter 4 Heart to Heart

Third person's pov

Meera silently walked behind John, absorbing what transpired minutes ago in her Eli's office. Her eyes were filled with his images. He has grown a beard and longer hair that passed below the ear. He looked awful but still handsome. Her heart ached to see her Eli in such a condition. He is a moon, beautiful and serene. Now, her moon is going through an eclipse. She wants him to shine like before. The hopefulness that surged in her body remained intact since the moment she met Elijah. She understands from where he is coming. Betrayal and pain are a dangerous mixture of emotions. It makes a person mad. She won't give up on him and their love. She won't lie that it didn't hurt when her Eli didn't acknowledge her apology. She is happy though to see him after so long.

"John! For God's sake stop dragging me! "

Meera heard Evelyn shout at a nonchalant John who continued leading them out of the top floor of the building towards the elevators, without a word.  Evelyn was struggling against the tight grip on her forearm. Standing before the elevators, all three waited for them to open. The person inside had their eyes widen.

"Eros! "

Evelyn gasped through the shock and happiness coursing through her body. Meera saw how Eros glared at the two with his jaw working tight. Without wasting another second, he walked past them out of the elevator. In a panic to lose him, Evelyn clutched his hand, stopping him. He didn't turn back and stood beside Evelyn. With fists clenched and body stiff, Eros gritted,

"Let go"

"No! Eros, I, I won't! "

Evelyn had tears in her eyes, longing and regret shining. Eros tried to jerk her hand away but Evelyn clung like a monkey to his arm in reaction.

"Eros, please! I am sorry! Don't go. I miss you"

"Miss me? "

Like a strike of lightning, Eros faced Evelyn, outraged. It didn't phase Evelyn instead she hugged him, burying her face in his chest. Eros with his both hands on her shoulder tried to push her away but Evelyn had a strong grip on him.

"What exactly do you miss? Fooling us? Or taking revenge on your brother? "

"No! I was a fool to believe whatever those monsters of lovers told me! I terribly regret my past actions, Eros. I-I know a simple apology wouldn't make a difference but it's a start. Please give me chance to make up to you all"

"Damn right that your half-hearted apology won't do anything for the pain you caused us! "

Finally, Eros was able to push Evelyn away from him. His eyes were full of anger and heartache. Scowling, he tried to stalk away to Elijah's office when Evelyn again stopped him, back hugging.

"Eros I really miss you. I know how you feel about me"

Meera and John standing silently on the side, gasped inaudibly when those words left Evelyn's mouth. They saw how tense Eros became in Evelyn's hold. Meera feared something bad might happen to Evelyn in hopes of gaining Eros's trust back.

"You know what exactly? "

"I know you love me"

With a forceful jerk, Eros threw Evelyn's arms away and turned back to face her. His face was contorted in rage. Pointing a finger at her, he blew off like a bomb.

"How dare you! How could you speak to me after knowing everything and coming here expressing like you are some mighty! "

"No Eros I didn't mean--"

"Shut up! "

Evelyn flinched back when he shouted at top of his lungs. Cowering back, she looked at him gripping her arms in a death grip. Tears filled her eyes.