[2] a rainy day

Yandere could hardly face the tombstone that was infront of her, let alone read the name to whom it was from.

Valerie Maki

she was a person everyone loved, a person who always smiled.

She was also the person that had died from her own two hands, the person she hated yet that very same person also turned out to be the person who she will treasure the most.

She wasn't alone. There was also 'her' senpai-The guy who she thought she had fallen crazy in love with- right besides her. But today, instead of feeling crazy she felt empty at his presence.

"Yandere right?" Senpai spoke gently. She hummed in respond feeling too tired and drained to say something while her eyes focused on the far distance.

There were no feelings.

"Valerie had always admired you." She bit her lips hard hearing her name. How she wished she could freely say it like he did but she couldn't. There was guilt weighing her down.

"She was so happy when you asked her to perform together in the talent show." Senpai continued. The times they spent preparing for the show flashed right before her eyes.

'Please stop.' Yandere begged to herself. Her heart couldn't stop aching by the memories they made. The memories she already wanted to burry- to simply forget.

"Whenever were alone together she always talks about you." Yandere felt suffocated hearing those words from him because she knew he was telling truth.

And that's what hurts the most.

His words we're like thorns on her heart. She felt attacked. The more he continued the more Yandere fell to deeper despair.

everything was wrong.

"So thank you," Senpai bowed surprising her "-thank you, Yandere." He continued with a smile. Although it must had been hard for him, he was her boyfriend after all.

Yandere wanted to say she didn't deserve the thank you. It was her fault. From the beginning till the very end. Everything was her fault. She approached Valerie with ill intentions just to be with him.

seeing him puts a heavy burden on her heart.

everything was just so wrong.

"I hope you live well."

"..." Yandere couldn't say anything. How dare she say something? She was the one who killed her. Only if he knew what she did, he wouldn't be saying those words.

Those kind eyes that was looking at her right now would turn to horror- to dispair- to hatred.

Yandere was snapped at her own thoughts when she felt a hand on her head. It was senpai. If it were her old self she probably would have lost it but right now, she felt comfort. It was warm.

At that moment Yandere finally understood her obsession with him- it wasn't 'love' it seemed.

"I'll be going now. Take care of Valerie." And then they were finally alone. She didn't know how many minutes if not- hours she stood there. She didn't know what to do nor what to say.

Yandere took a deep sigh as she looked up the sky. The only gesture she made after standing for so long. It was now raining again. She remembered how it also rained at the night she murdered her.

Yandere laughed. It was as if the gods were mocking her.

The tears she had been holding back finally gave up as a teardrop fell down her face. She wiped her face as fast as she could but the more she wiped the more tears came out from her eyes.

She never felt this pathetic before.

Yandere fell to her knees as her legs finally felt weak. She cried, wept and mourned for the person she once thought as an enemy. Oh, how stupid of her.

"Valerie." She mumbled weakly, her voice hoarse from crying out loud.

Yandere notice how it was her first time saying her name. She had always reffered to her as "Maki" fearing that she'll get attached to her- her target.

But it seemed it didn't matter anyways seeing how her feelings were bound to happen.

She could have done so much- yet she didn't.

She could've had created a meal to impress her, she could've had given her a plain water, she could've had assisted her as she begged for her life, she could've had taken her hand when she tried reaching for her, she could've had given her the antidote she brought, she-

-She could have had saved her.

She had many chances to stop, to turn away, to simply accept her feelings. But no, She neglected and ignored these signs.

She killed her and in the end, that was all it mattered.

"I... I love you"

Drop

"I had always loved you."

Drop

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. I should have realized it sooner. Please...

-Please come back!!"

-But Yandere knew no matter how much she pleaded, Valerie would never come back.