Chapter 1

*TW: injuries + house on fire + death*

(THIRD PERSON POV)

It was 7am and Rui Kamishiro was already in the garage fixing his robot which is called "nenerobo" Due to the loud noises he made, it woke up his girlfriend, Nene.

"Rui please do not overwork yourself, it's 7am in the morning, please just get some rest......you have not slept well the past few days, you even have dark circles forming under your eyes..."

"Don't worry too much darling , I'm really fine, I apologize if I may have woken you up...heheh, I promise I will not do this the next morning alright"

Nene smiles and signals to Rui that she is going to make breakfast for him and the other two chaos makers, Emu and Tsukasa.

As usual, Tsukasa yelled "GOOD MORNING MY FELLOW FRIENDS!!!" Nene immediately covered her ears. "I'm going to go to our neighbours house for a visit alright? I'll be back at 8am!" He said as he walked out of the house and shut the door.

"Alright! Stay safe Tsukasa-kun" Emu said waving at Tsukasa.

(RUI POV)

I have not slept for the past 2 days and stayed awake with coffee, despite how much my girlfriend told me to stop living such a unhealthy lifestyle and get more rest, due to lack of sleep I kept making mistakes in the nenerobo, however, I could not be bothered to slept since I really want to finish this robot as soon as possible for Nene's 20th birthday which is in a month.

I decided to leave my project in the garage and go for a shower so that I can have my breakfast later, I place my tools on the selves and cleaned it up.

After taking a shower in the bathroom, I went down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Oh Rui...! Come sit here, by the way do you know where emu went? I have not seen her since Tsukasa left" Nene asked me in a calm and sweet voice.

I sat on the chair nearest to Nene's and told her that I have not seen Emu, however, I was quite worried since most of the time Emu would be loud and chaotic but I have not heard a single thing from her since Tsukasa left the house.

"Rui, I'll go look for her alright?" Nene stood up from her seat and went straight to Emu's room.

After 2 minutes I suddenly heard a explosion coming from the garage. "SHOOT DID I FORGET TO-" I yelled loudly in shock and panicked "NENE, EMU EVACUATE NOW" I yelled at the top of my lungs hoping they could hear me.

There was no time, I have to get out of the house without Nene and Emu...or I will die too...

I ran out of the house and immediately called the police.

(EMU POV)

I was in my room over sleeping until I suddenly heard my door open, It was Nene "Emu I-" "BOOOOOOM" Suddenly there was a loud explosion which interrupted Nene. I jumped out of bed and ask "WHAT IS HAPPENING NENE-CHAN?" I cried and panicked.

"NENE, EMU EVACUATE NOW" Rui yelled from the kitchen, however, it was hard to evacuate now since yellow and white flames came into view...

My lungs felt dry and my throat was parched. My eyes were tearing and when I realised that the house was on fire, my heart started pound hard and fast. My face and body were soaked in perspiration and within seconds, the room was engulfed in fire.

"NENE QUICK, TO THE BATHROOM" I cried, terrified. However, the door was stuck and we just could not open it. Our faces turned red and our eyes narrowed. We cringed as a burning beam nearly collapsed on us. The paint on the wall melted and peeled off in the intense heat. Without warning, there was anotherloud explosion and my desk bust into flames, tossing us several metres away. Smoke clouded my eyes as I gasped for air. Terror filled my heart. Suddenly, I saw a small gap in my wall leading to our fire exit.

"NENE! There!" I exclaimed. Hope filled me once again as we both headed towards it.

"Y-You g-go first!" Nene declared, pushing me forward. I squeezed through. Then it struck me. The hole was a little too small for Nene to get through. Myeyes burned as torrents of tears came coursing down my face.

"Go Emu...! Escape while you can. Go get help! I love you Emu" She chocked, her voice sounding strained. "Tell wonderland x showtime I love them too..." Nene gave me one was smile, tears formed in her eyes.

"No, I-I cannot leave you here!" I panicked, thinking of what to do.

"Only you can tell the firemen where I am!" she shouted desperately. "EMU GO NOW!" Suddenly, the ceiling collapsed, blocking the hole. I stepped back in shock. The flame slowly swallowed everything in its path and I knew I had no choice but to leave her to get help.

Nene's final words replayed in my mind as I pressed on towards the exit, hanging onto that silver of hope that I would survive and get her the necessary assistance. "Nene's sacrifice would not be for nothing" I exclaimed, biting my lips, there were cuts and bruises all over my body and it hurts so much.

Wiping my tears away with my dusty hands, I staggered towards the exist. Just as I pushed open the door, the roof gave way and collapsed on our home. Tears welled up in my eyes as I felt my world collapse. My heart ached and my face was etched with sorrow. All I could think about was Nene's sacrifice, if she had not told me to leave her behind, I would not have made it out alive.

My eyes were blurry, I could only see the purple hair male calling someone on the phone.

"EMU!"

I slowly passed out.

"WHERE'S NENE?"

Red and blue lights flashing...