Chapter 2 Continuation

Okay so little note, I know I mentioned earlier that Deer is called Deerkit now. But uh, just ignore that. He's still Deer. Past self was just an idiot :')

Also, sorry the art seems rushed (it was). I've been super busy and just went "screw this" and rushed everything to post this lol.

Enjoy!

Deer walked slowly into the Leader's den. It was circular in shape, with a nest on the opposite side of it. Inside the den were four cats. Much more than he was expecting.

Deer's ears flattened against his head, and he felt himself instinctively sink into the ground to try to look smaller. Four cats were far too many for a casual meeting.

"Hello Deer," Shimmerstar said, "I'd like you to meet Whirlwave, my deputy. And you already know Darkshadow and Bigfoot, our medicine cats."

"H-hi," Deer squeaked out.

	"Don't be nervous Deer!" Bigfoot smiled kindly, "We only wanted to ask you a question!"

"...okay," Deer mumbled.

"We wanted to know if you have any family. If so, we would like to try and get you back to them," Shimmerstar meowed.

"Family?"

Deer closed his amber eyes for a second, memories and images of Pixie and his siblings flashing through his mind. He wished he could say he missed them.

He missed Rose.

	Deer opened his eyes with a small smile, "I had a family!" he frowned, "but I was too worthless to keep around

Deer opened his eyes with a small smile, "I had a family!" he frowned, "but I was too worthless to keep around."

	Shimmerstar was frowning, "What do you mean?"

"My mama, Pixie took me to one of those floating twoleg things. She said we were gonna see the ocean! Then she.... She.... and... I fell...."

"...did she... push you off?" Shimmerstar asked quietly.

Deer hesitated for a moment. If he agreed, would that be betraying his mama? But she did do it, so it would also be being honest. Would these cats judge his mama? He didn't want that to happen!

After all, she must have had a good reason to do it. She was always right.

Deer nodded slowly.

"What kind of a mother would do that to her kit?! I should give her death berries for hurting an innocent kit like that!" Bigfoot hissed, "She would deserve it too!"

Deer shrank backward. Was she mad at him? She had no reason to be! Why was she judging his mama so much?

Shimmerstar flicked her tail over Bigfoot's muzzle, effectively silencing her, "It's okay Deer. You did nothing wrong," she paused for a moment, "Do you want to go back to your family?"

Did he? They were his family... but they also teased him for being the smallest. And they called him names.

But he missed Rose....

"....I dunno," Deer meowed quietly.

"That's okay," Shimmerstar said.

"You're too injured to leave anyway," Darkshadow added.

Breathing did hurt... how injured was Deer?! Could he have died....?

Bigfoot sent a quick glare to Darkshadow, "You'll be okay in a few days though!"

That was good. Maybe then he would leave? Deer wasn't sure though. He didn't really like these cats. Or know them all that well. But Eggkit and Pebblesplash were nice....

"This brings us the question of what our next move should be," Shimmerstar.

"If I may," Whirlwave began, continuing when Shimmerstar nodded, "Maybe we should wait until Deer is healed to decide. Then he can choose if he wants to go or not."

Shimmerstar thought for a moment, then nodded, "That could work. Darkshadow, how long do you think it would take before his injuries are healed?"

"Mm, maybe a moon," Darkshadow replied.

"That long?" Shimmerstar asked.

Darkshadow nodded, "There's nothing I can do about it."

"He'd be around apprentice age," Whirlwave noted.

Shimmerstar took another look at Deer, "You're right. You're about that age, right Deer?"

"...Uh, I'm f-five moons," Deer squeaked out.

"Then it's decided!" Shimmerstar stood with a flick of her tail, "In one moon, we'll have another conversation like this one. Until then, welcome to the clan!"