Fixer Upper

They transition back to Mirabel and Abuela, at her most vulnerable. Ashamed, Abuela stops speaking. Mirabel takes in her grandmother. All her pain and good intentions gone wrong...
But as Mirabel looks to Abuela... she sees something behind her... in the distance... a BUTTERFLY... which flits onto a reed in the middle of the water. Just like in the vision.
Mirabel stares at the butterfly, transfixed. Mirabel then looks at Abuela, understanding what this moment is... that the person Mirabel has always needed to embrace is Abuela.

MIRABEL: Abuela... I can finally see. You lost your home... lost everything... you suffered so much... all alone... so it would never happen again. We were saved because of you. We were given a miracle because of you. We are a family because of you. And nothing could ever be broken, that we can’t fix... together.

(Julieta: This is so sweet...)

As this lands on Abuela, her heart seems to crack open. She feels a great weight lift from her shoulders. It is a quiet moment of release fifty year in the making. And suddenly... the SUN PEEKS THROUGH THE CLOUDS, illuminating the river ... beautiful, pink hues, wondrous and spectacular. Alma looks at Mirabel in awe and hugs her tightly, tears in her eyes.

ABUELA ALMA: (as they hug) I asked my Pedro for help. Mirabel... he sent me you.

As they embrace in the middle of the river, the butterfly flaps into the wind and soon... thousands of butterflies begin to fill the air, swirling around them. Mirabel tears up, filled with emotion. Abuela looks at the butterflies, this beautiful moment, this place redefined.

The music swells, as even more BUTTERFLIES begin to swarm around them... and in this moment... they begin to...
MIGRATE, back in the direction of the ENCANTO... like a AERIAL SUPERHIGHWAY of BUTTERFLIES. Mirabel looks up... feeling the pull... excited for what the future holds.

As Mirabel and Abuela return to the riverbank... something dark and large crashes through the wilderness in front of them, it’s... BRUNO ON A HORSE. Awkward and ridiculous.

(Pepa: He knows how to ride horses?!)

TIO BRUNO: She didn’t do this! She didn’t do this! I gave her a vision! It was me! I was like go! And she was like fttt! She only wanted to help. I... don’t care what you think of me, but if you’re too stubborn to, to --

Abuela Alma embraces and kisses him.

(Julieta and Pepa hug Bruno..)

ABUELA ALMA: (quiet, remorseful) Brunito...

Bruno is confused. He looks to Mirabel.

TIO BRUNO: I feel like I missed something important.

(Pepa: Oh, most definitely.)

MIRABEL: Come on...

Abuela gives Bruno an affectionate look before taking his hand and walking after Mirabel. Mirabel climbs up on the horse. She helps Abuela who helps Bruno.

TIO BRUNO: What - what’s happening, where are we going?

MIRABEL: Home.

As exciting music kicks in, they gallop away, back towards the Encanto.

(Mira: Yes, tío Bruno's bcoming back home!)

They find... MIRABEL racing on the horse... like a BONAFIDE HERO. Abuela and Bruno cling to her, a heroic trio returning.
- THE KIDS and TOWNSPEOPLE IN TOWN watch, awestruck and MIRABEL races through the streets. The kids see her and freak out.

PUMPED JUANCHO: It’s her, I FOUND HER!

LITTLE ALEJANDRA: I found her!

INNOCENT CECILIA: She’s back, she’s back, she’s back!