chapter 6

vance pov:
this morning, waking up was a bit different. it wasn't as early today, but still enough time to see my mom before school. the clock reads 6:42 and my mom is downstairs playing monster mash. oh my god it's halloween. OH MY GOD ITS HALLOWEEN. i grab the outfit i set out last night, it's a stitch onesie because me and rue are gonna match today, get changed really quick, and run downstairs. "JOYEUX HALLOWEEN MAMAN !!!" i shout enthusiastically, it's my favorite day of the year!! "quelqu'un de bonne humeur ce matin !! joyeux halloween, citrouille !" she says back, she has mini pancakes on the table with syrup in a little pumpkin bowl and for extra decor, she added some orange sprinkles. i love my mom.
i finish eating my breakfast and i say my goodbyes to my mom before school. as i was leaving, i noticed our little halloween portrait above the couch. "aww, j'adore notre peinture maman!" i say as i walk out the door waving. "convenue!!!" she yells back while waving back. today, i get to decide me and bruce's costumes!! i shouldn't be this exited but still!!
bruce pov:
i wake up to my alarm like usual and put on my outfit. im wearing my stitch onesie today with vance so we can be twins!! im so exited to see vance. i go downstairs, greet my parents, tackle my little brother, and leave. i have a feeling this Halloween is gonna be special. i don't know why, i just do. (idk bruce you tell me at the end of the chapter 😉)
i finally get to school and i see the group outside at the picnic tables instead today. i see robin and finney in their full costumes. they look amazing! they are being richie and eddie from IT. billy and griffin are in their costumes too, but not in the full fits since we aren't allowed to have any sort of makeup. it's dumb. vance is in his stitch onesie like i expected. he looks beautiful in the onesie. oh. my. god. STOP SIMPING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRUCE!!
we walk to our first period and do our test. it's not that difficult for me but vance seems to be struggling. i feel bad i can't help. i hope he does well. i turn in my test and walk back to my seat, vances jaw is dropped. we whispers to me, "how did you finish so quick?! im only on question 4!" i let out a small huff since i can't laugh. the teacher still heard us and said, "have anything you would like to share, mr yamada and mr hopper?" "no miss." we both say. someone forgot her morning coffee.
its finally lunchtime and we go to our normal table. our normal table is closest to the lockers so we can get to class early. it was a smart move we made on the first day. "so, have you guys decided your costumes yet or are you both being stitch?" finn asks as soon as we sit down." i start to think in my head ideas and vance just blurts out, "maybe like simba and nala? i don't know, i think it would be cute." "i don't think ill be able to find a lion costume in my closet, v. it's a cute idea tho!" i respond and he just smirks and nods. he has one of those bear smiles and its so adorable. every time he does that, i just imagine me and him kiss- BRUCE! NO. "uhm, beauty and the beast? I DONT KNOW!" he yells out while slamming his hands on the table.
"i have an idea! how about nick and charlie?" griffin suggests. he is one of the only members who can tell i like vance. in that moment, i wanted to smack him upside the head. before i had the chance though, vance did his best smile and said, "i love that idea!! bruce?" he's asking me to be the charlie to his nick right now. i never thought that would happen to me. "i-uh-yes!! i love that idea!!" oh god. that just ruined the moment. vance just smiles at me and says, "decision made!" oh my god, i found the nick to my charlie.
vance pov:
the long school day is finally over and i get to go home and pick my costume. i walk through the door and my mom smiles and waves to me. i wave back of course. mama didn't raise an impolite child. i get to my room and open my closet. i dig through almost everything except for one section. i look through it and i find the perfect outfit. the outfit contains a yellow adidas shirt, my light jeans, and a pair of vans of course. bruce is the converse to my vans. i put the outfit on and look in the mirror. it actually compliments my eye and bright lips well. i haven't worn yellow in a while.
i go downstairs and ask my mom if it looks nice. "tu es magnifique chérie !! tu es un métal nick nelson !!" that made me giggle, because i slightly am when i really think about it. i grab my pillow case, grab my skateboard, and walk out the door. this is either gonna be the worse night of my life, or the best. (i wonder.)
griffin pov (ooh someone new this time!!):
bruce and vance like each other. 1000%. it's hidden in plain sight if im honest. im somehow the only one who noticed in the group and im the one who has eye problems. i put on my makeup, it's really simple since i got tony. it's just some foundation and a little mascara because my eyelashes are super short. i go downstairs, my mom takes my yearly pictures, and she lets me go.
billy is waiting by my mailbox with two bags, an extra seat on his bike, and a big smile. i love him so much. "aww your the best!!" i yell as i run up to him and give him a peck on the cheek. (i didn't fully establish this but they got together. surprise!) his makeup cant even cover up his blush. "h-hop on, we have places to be!" he says while patting on my little seat behind him. i smile, hop on, and grab onto his shoulders as he peddles away. (i know is pov is short im sorry i just wanted a lil cutesy moment 😊)
vance pov:
i get to our meeting spot and as i check my watch, i see him pull up. he.looks.amazing. he is wearing a sweater, black ripped jeans, converse, and a big smile. after he parks his bike, he walks up to me. "hi" he says, i smile. "hi" he smiles too. "are you ready to go, v?" he says, still having a big smile on his face. "let's do halloween better than ever!" i get on my skateboard and forget that he doesn't ride one. "what are we gonna do about this.?" he shrugs and i think of an idea. "piggyback ride..?" i say, hopping of my skateboard and carrying it between my armpit. "s-sure!" are his cheeks always this red?
billy and griffin pull into the parking lot and they are all decked out. "oh my god, you guys look great!" rue says to them while still on back. "i was about to say the same to you guys!!" griffin exclaims. we start a conversation until we see finney and robin pull in with their bikes side by side. we all look great!"
"so, are we ready to get so much candy, our heads legit explode?" griffin says while jumping up and down. "let's do this!" i yell while getting on my skateboard with rue still on my back. ive never tried this before but he is light as a feather so it shouldn't be too difficult.
   we have successfully been through a full neighborhood and all of our bags are at least half full. we were smart and went to the richer neighborhood first. right now, we are going to a little party that one of billys cousins is hosting because all the other houses won't give us much. "Are your cousins nice, bill?" robin asks him. "yeah, they are really chill i promise." he says as he parks his bike in a driveway. "here we are!" he says, pointing to a huge house. "WHAT THE- HOW???" griffin yells with his mouth wide open. "I DONT KNOW AND I DONT CARE, IM SO EXITED!!!" finney says, running through the crowd and grabbing robins hand. "IM SO EXI- whoop- bye guys-" robin is able to yell while his boyfriend drags him away. "me and griffin are gonna go dance. have fun guys!" billy says while waving to us and griffin is on his back. "just me and you then?" just me and you.
bruce pov:
both of the couples of the group left us to go have fun and now im trapped with my crush. "wanna go just find maybe a room or something to chill in.?" i mumble while staring at my feet. "sure, why not." he says while holding out his hand. "let's go?" "let's go." i say grabbing his hand as he drags me through the crowd. i never thought i would be in this position.
   "is here good?" he points into an empty bedroom with the curtains closed. "perfect." i say while sitting down underneath the window. he sits next to me. "so, what do we do?" "i haven't thought about that yet." i giggle and he huffs back a small laugh too. "who's your crush?" he says, that was super random. "what is this, 20 questions?" i chuckle. "sure is!" he laughs back. "but, that is none of your beeswax!" i say while crossing my arms. "fineeee" he grumbles. "my turn. who's YOUR crush?" i say back. "ill give a hint. they have black hair. that's all your getting!" he says, giving a small laugh. "OOH! CAN I GUESS?!" i yell back. "sure, do what you must!" he exclaims.
   it's been a while and im still guessing. there is way more black haired kids than i thought. ive limited it down to around 4 kids in the school. kyla, me, jeremy, and donna. "uhm, is it jeremy?" i ask. "no. are you almost done? we've been here a while.." he grumbles. "almost i swear!" i say while grabbing his hand and sitting him back down. "kyla?" i say. "no. now one more then im done because im hungry." "ugh fine. is it donna?" i ask, it's only me left. "nope. now can i pleaseeee be done!!" he yells. "one more please??" he mumbled out a fine but it wasn't very loud. i wouldnt have known if i wasn't staring at his lips. "is it me..?" i say and his eyes immediately widen and his cheeks turn a darker pink. "nope. now-can-we-please-be-done-im-hungry." he says all in a short amount of time and he runs out. i blew it i blew it i blew it. "wait vance!!" i yell and he stops in the middle of the hall. "i have to tell you something before you go." i mutter. i am setting myself up for failure at this point. "i..i-i. i like you. okay? i've liked you ever since the first time i saw you on the first day. you are my first true crush vance. i don't care if you don't like me back because that felt good to say either w-" my ranting gets interrupted by a feeling of his lips on mine. it finally happened. me and him were both smiling into the kiss and it was amazing. that was the best 5 seconds of my life. we both seperated and immediately grabbed each other's hands. "i have felt the exact same way, rue." he says while trying to control his smile. "aww, i love your smile." i say. "and i love you." he says back. he is so cute, i can't handle it.

MY LITTLE HOMOS AWWW 💕💕
opinions on the first kiss? comments please
longest chapter so far and it's been 3 hours of nonstop typing im going to sleep 😭
2066 words (holy cow)