Flight of the Ghouls

Grim noticed the heiress staring at him, at first he thought it was nothing. But then he noticed the stare was an inquisitive one. Deciding to make her stop, he turned on the next chapter that got everyone else to turn to the screen. Weiss was redundant, but turned to the screen. 'The Hells with her?'

Ch.7 Flight of the Ghouls

Yang turns to Grim getting ready to jump him. "Before you do anything, some Ghouls still keep their intelligence and sanity." Yang lay back, waiting for her change next time.

The Mojave Desert around Midnight

3RD POV

In a small canyon lies a road curving around the steep edges. Both Jaune and Ruby walked down the road with Jaune carrying a bag filled with toy Rockets and Ruby with a brand-new red beret on her head.

"Ugh, why do we need to bring Six all these toys?" Jaune complains as he re-adjusts himself to carry the bag.

"Yeah, I forgot about that. But why does Six need toy rockets?" Ren asks only to see Grim place two fingers together and the point at the screen.

"I don't know, maybe there's hidden treasure that needs the toys to unlock." Ruby suggests

"I highly doubt that." Jaune said.

Grim nearly coughed out a lung at that, everyone turned surprised at his sudden reaction. "Sorry (cough) just remembered (cough) something (cough) like that before."

"Really!" Nora jumps at their host. "What was it?"

"Let's just say it wasn't so great and leave it." Grim looked annoyed beyond belief. Deciding that it would be better not to piss off, they went back to the screen.

"Yea well it's something fun to think about." Ruby said blankly as she looked up at the stars. There was a short moment of silence before Jaune asked.

"So, where did you get the beret?" Jaune asked, feeling like he missed something.

"Oh, so Ruby is going to talk about now." Yang was a little worried for her sister, after said sister did help murder some. 'Even if the person was a fucking slaving bitch.' She was more worried about what Jaune met than Ruby, at the moment she needs someone she can trust.

"Oh, um don't tell Six but turns out Jeannie May Crawford is a slaver. Sold the night time sniper, Boone's wife and unborn child into slavery." Ruby explains.

"Oh, Oum... wait then how is this related to the beret?" Jaune asked slightly nervous about Ruby's answer.

"I told her that you were stung by a bark scorpion outside of town... right within Boone's line of sight." Ruby answers coldly as she kicks a tin can laying under a reinforced overpass of some kind.

Though her friends felt different, Ruby felt great that the hag was dead. Weiss, Jaune, Nora and Pyrrha felt a trial should have been held. Blake was still trying to figure out what she should feel about it, many do to still believe that those led by Vulpes were just zeolets and not the legion as a whole. Yang and Ren were the only ones to understand what Ruby did was in reason, a right thing to do.

Jaune was absolutely shocked by Ruby's lack of emotion and empathy for killing an old lady without remorse. Even if she was a slaver, she should have stood trial. Before he could even protest Ruby spoke first.

Yang's concerns were becoming true it seems.

"Yes, I know it's wrong... but this place... I don't think even Ozpin could prepare us for it. No matter how hard we try... eventually we have to kill someone." Ruby said as she stopped in the middle of the road. Jaune looked at her in shock. He would have scolded her for her choices, but despite being completely sleep deprived he can tell she was on the verge of tears.