Chapter 1 - Taiga's Realization

( Taiga's POV )

"Come on, hurry up! Get moving!" I said as I pulled Ryuuji's arm.
"B... But..." He insisted.
"If you're not there at that party, It'll mean I lied to Minori, right? Come on!"
"Hey, I said wai--" He tried to insist, again, but it was too late since I'm already trying to close the door and he's outside.
"Santa came already, so I have to be good until the end of the year!" I said, still putting up my force to finally let him out.
"So just let me be good."
"Getting Minori to go to the party is my real Christmas present for you. So please... Accept it." I said, letting out a fake smile.
"T... Taiga..." He finally stopped pushing the door, so I was able to push him out.
"Come on, indecisive dog!" I cheerfully said.
"Thanks!" he nodded and ran out.
I sighed as I close the door.

"He finally left." I murmured as I scratch my head, walking back inside the room. The red scarf scattering on the floor caught my attention. It was near the window of my room. "I forgot to give this back to him." I said as I knelt down to get the scarf. "This is troublesome..." I sighed.

Tears started to fall from my eyes as I touched the red scarf.

"Huh? Why?" I asked myself. Why did these tears show up? Am I really okay?

"Oh... I see." I told myself when I realized something.

"I was always relying on Ryuuji. On his kindness... But those times have passed..."

That time... I felt really sad. Tears fell one by one from my eyes. I was alone. Ryuuji wasn't there. It was only the little Christmas Tree I made out of a candle and a plastic bottle lighting up a small portion of my room.

"Minori will definitely fall for Ryuuji, and Ryuuji truly likes Minori. In other words, they both like each other. Then I won't be able to stay by Ryuuji's side anymore... I won't be able to walk by his side "

I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I was completely shattered. But I stood up. I can't just give up on him yet.

"The one beside Ryuuji... Won't be me. I don't... want that." I told myself and I hurriedly ran outside, still hoping I could catch up to him...

But it was too late...