Chapter 3

2 weeks pass by quickly, at least it does for me. But the day of the first competition finally arrives. We leave early in the morning, the five of us including T-Rill have an entire school bus to ourselves. It's about a 3 hour ride to bloomington. So we all get comfortable. It's a more crisp morning, so I throw on the codfish look, Black Vans, black jeans, orange sweatshirt, and a gray beanie hat.i leave my hair hanging out of the hat just for looks, but it also keeps my neck warm.

We pull off at a rest stop about halfway into our ride, Dakota hits up the vending machines, TIffany is passed out asleep on the bus, Ethan uses the bathroom, Addie and I just stretch our legs and I use the bathroom. We all hop on the bus and accidently wake Tiff up, and then wait another 5 minutes so that she can use the bathroom. Then we head back out onto the interstate. Now that everyone is awake, we get to talking about the competition, we play a couple games of uno, and just chill for the remainder of the trip.

We finally arrive at the Hotel we're staying at, get checked in and leave our bags in our rooms. The competitions don't start until 4:00pm, with the time being 12:00pm, we are able to explore the convention center we're competing at. I also found out that T-Rill was way off about the number of teams at this. There's about 50 Teams here, each with 5 competitors each. "250 people at this thing then, only 1 gets first place" I think to myself. I met some other people. Get some food and mostly chill with Ethan until our battle starts. We go in against a set of identical twin girls, who are well coordinated with their timing. They create this beat.

Ethan and I aren't fazed a bit and counterattack with this

I can feel the rhythm Ethan and I share during this, he uses everything he has during it. He does codfish's part, and I cover D-low's part. The battle ends and we wait a couple minutes for the results to tally up. Everyone shakes hands and talks for a while. Finally after what seems like an eternity, we ended up winning our first battle and the twins come over to congratulate us and we all talk for a while until our next battle starts. We ended up losing our 2nd duo battle but I still compete in the solos, and so does Ethan. I win round after round , not showing any sign of weakness. I end up going into day 2 when the first day ends along with the rest of my team. But I'm the highest scoring out of our team.

We all go out for pizza after the first day, and we sit around a round table and eat pizza, drink root beer, and talk about how our battles went. It's all going well.

And then I saw him.

I see the man I look up to in beatboxing.

Then someone else follows, and someone else follows behind him.

I recognize the three of them. And I know their names. Codfish, NaPom, and D-low are sitting less than 20 yards away from me. My little heart is pounding out of my chest. My palms get all sweaty. I motion to Ethan, who shoots a wide-eyed look back at me. He's already seen them. And he's just as excited. I excuse myself to the bathroom and while I'm in there, I get a text from Ethan saying that they all went into the small arcade barely visible from where we are sitting. Forming a plan, I fish through my hoodie in the restroom for any quarters and bills a have on me, walk out and sneakily find myself in the arcade at a pacman machine that is close to the pool table they are playing at. I end up forgetting about the three and lose myself in the game I'm playing for a while.

"Grab the fruit" I hear someone say over my shoulder. I whip around expecting Ethan to be right next to me, but it's not Ethan. It's definitely not Ethan.

It's NaPom, and he's right next to me. Talking to me. My breathing gets really heavy, My limbs go light, and I feel myself falling, like I'm not awake anymore.

I wake up who knows how long later, but the three of them are hovering over me, including T-Rill and everyone else. I realize I just fainted, and that I'm looking at my 3 idols.

Thanks for reading chapter 3! i do now own any of the music, it all belongs to their rightful and talented owner.