11

I raised my hand, knocked on the door, and tried to resolve the shake within my bones as I stood in front of the mansion called the Cameron's. It still resembled one of the dollhouses I used to play with when I was little, with a million and one rooms and 12 TV's. It was a dream house to anyone.

I knew I couldn't run forever, so when Rose greeted me with a genuine smile I did my best to return it. We hugged, and it was warm, cosy, a lot like my mothers. "It's so good to see you!" The woman exclaimed, her red lipstick complementing the lightness in her blonde hair. It had grown ever so slightly. "It's so good to see you too." I chimed, taking aback the waft of food that was cooking away in the kitchen.

"Wow, aren't you handsome." She grinned, ruffling up Jake's hair as she had always done since the age of 5, and even though Jake towered over her shorter body, she still didn't fail to make him feel like a child again.

"Come, come! Make yourself at home." Rose squealed, gesturing me and Jake into the dining area, where Sarah and Ward sat, sipping away on their drinks.

"Dinner is almost ready," Rose stated whilst she scanned the room and the hallway, and turned her head back to face Ward, "where's Rafe?" She asked.
Ward Cameron lifted his wrist and checked his watch, deeply sighing as he did so. I cleared my throat and ignored their conversation, following Jake to the table and sitting myself next to Sarah who greeted me with a warm hug the same as her step- mother.

Final mutters between Ward and Rose ended and she vanished off to the kitchen, clatters and sizzles causing my stomach to let off a huge rumble.

"How have you been, Blair?" Ward asked, taking another sip of his beer.

"Really good Thankyou. Houston's lovely." I replied.

The man nodded his head. "And your dad and Hillary?"

"They're also doing well, I'm waiting for him to propose. I think we all are." I softly laughed, glancing to Jake who nodded his head approvingly with a sweet grin on his lips.

"That's amazing!" Sarah exclaimed.

"How exciting." Ward marvelled, " I heard you have quite an impressive job up there?" he continued, setting off my stomach, but this time it was circling with nerves rather than hunger. The thought of Finn crossed my mind and I instantly chose to push it far far back. Although, I was missing Elliot and his immaturity, the one thing that helped me get through long shifts at work, and of course Lauren, and her incredible advise.

I chuckled, " I wouldn't say impressive, but it pays well. The Man I work for is quite something."

Ward chuckled and picked up the jug of water in the middle of the table, pouring me and Jake a glass. "And he's a lawyer?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "A very good one."

"Ah, you're in a good position there then Blair. You know, Rose always wanted to go into law." He said, just as she walked through the door with plates and bowls full of food, that she scattered across the table, and eventually there was a whole buffet in front of us.

"I did indeed." She smiled, piling her plate with roast potatoes.

"I don't get all the details," I mentioned as I dished up my plate, "but I overhear some very interesting stuff."

The two adults laughed. I missed the aura that Rose gave off, she walked into a room and I instantly felt at ease. She reminded me so much of my mother. I appreciated the reassuring look in her eyes whenever she looked at me, because she was one of those people who knew exactly how you were feeling without a word being said.