The Office Pt. 1

I can't believe it, I'm lost. How did I get here? I must have made a wrong turn somewhere. They said two lefts and a right, the second set of doors to your left from where you enter. How the hell did I end up on the third floor? And where are the other students?

    "Hey! Get back here!" 

    As I turn my head, I feel the immediate collision. I stumble to the floor, and as soon as I'm on, I'm off, feet hitting the floor at incredible speeds while I'm being pulled. 

    "Hello? Excuse me-"

    "Not the time, can't you see we're running for our lives? Anyway, if we make a turn here, we can lose that long-fingered freak." I look behind us to see a pale creature, with rake-like hands. I let out a shriek as I'm pulled around a corner and into an empty classroom.

    "I think we lost him, but it's best if we keep quiet just in case, my name's BEN by the way." I stopped panting and opened my eyes to look at him. He was a blonde kid with a green beanie, blue jeans, and a long-sleeved LoZ shirt. His eyes were black with reddish irises, blood tears dripping from his sockets.

    "I'm MC. Why was that guy chasing you? And where are the other students?" I ask, not breaking eye contact.

    "I snuck into his dorm and put fire ants in his sheets. He deserved it tho, last week he took my hat and used it as his cum sock, I had to get a new one. He got so angry and chased me into the academy" he said, while leaning against the door. "Why are you here? Classes don't start until October. Everyone else is at the dorms cause it's orientation week."

    "Oh, I was trying to-" Suddenly the door burst open, plastering BEN into the wall. I hid behind the desk, trying to keep quiet. I took a ruler from the cabinet I had crouched next to. I peeked over the side of the desk. The guy had BEN up by the neck, next to the door. I had made my decision long before BEN looked at me.

    "Hey what are you looking a-" He didn't get to finish; I had already kneed his back. As he folded, I grabbed BEN, closing the door behind us, and leaving the ruler at its entry. BEN looked at me, about to say something, when the other guy opened the door.

    I moved BEN out of the way just in time for long fingers to slip on the ruler. We ran back down the hall, past various classes and stairwells. We ended up back on the first floor in the cafeteria. 

    "Hey MC, thanks for that, I owe you one." He said as he pulled out a phone. "Here's my number. call me when you want that favor."

    "I will, right now actually, can you tell me where-"

    "Finally found you dumbass, who's this?" I let out a sigh to see what this interruption looked like. He was pale, had crisp eyelids, a carved smile, and a white hoodie, a leash hanging out of his pocket. "The names Jeff, and this asshole said he'd help me find my dog after Rake scared him off."

     "Rake?" I asked looking towards BEN. He looks away and mutters something only he can hear.

    Jeff takes a step forward, "Tall, pale, long-ass fingers. Hard to miss really. What's your name?"

    "I'm MC, do you know whe-" I start but don't finish. He isn't even paying attention, how am I supposed to get to the office at this rate? I turn to walk away, " Bye BEN." 

    "Hey, where are you going? Player two! Come back, please?" I turn around, not fazed by his plea. I meet his gaze, unmoving. He gestured with his eyes towards Jeff, to the leash, and then back to me. I let out an irritated sigh, walking back to him. 

    "I need help finding the front office, I need to talk to the Dean of Students to get my dorm number and class schedule." I say while I grab his hand and flash his counterpart a gentle smile before adding, "I just need to borrow him for a minute, you don't mind, do you? It will be really quick I promise."

    With that, I'm guided down the hallway and around the corner. He looks at me grateful for a second, then confused.

    "If you were looking for the front office, how'd you get up here?"

    "Look I don't understand it myself, okay? I was walking and got lost, I was confused as to why there were no other students and then you bulldozed right through me dragging me up two flights of stairs to some random classroom!" I whisper shout.

    "As much as I would love to pay you back, trust me I really do, you are such an amazing person, but I have some stuff to do." I roll my eyes and open my mouth to say something, but he starts to pixelate. "You have my number, call me!" And just like that - He was gone. 

    "I'm never going to get to the office, am I?"  

    "Well, that depends if I help you or not."

    I whip my head around to see Jeff, dog leash in hand, looking quite unhappy.

    "I heard him flake on you; I could help if you aren't too busy sulking. You have to help me find my dog." He states as he gestures the leash towards me. 

    "Guess I have no choice, where'd you see him last?"

    He quickly smiles, "On the East side of the courtyard, next to the picnic area. C'mon, it was not that long ago." 

    I follow him down the steps and out some double doors. We walked for a while outside; it was nice and chilly perfect fall weather...

    " He's over there" I look in the vague direction he points, squinting the figure into focus. Yup, strange colors, but a dog for sure. He scrambled under some tables.

    "Should we surround him?" I ask as Jeff ties his shoes, " Yeah, he won't come with us willingly. You take the left side of the patio and I'll go on the right. If you can, hold his mouth shut, it makes my job easier."

    Walking around the table I feel something brush my foot. I signal to Jeff, and he prepares himself. I looked under the table, and to my horror was met with - 

   "Nothing?" I turn to stand up, "But something brushed my leg-EEEAHAHAHAHA!"