Demons Desire

"The fog is returning to London..." Celeste sighed looking out of the grand window she had to clean. The days started to become much greyer and duller. She wondered how the world had time to be happy or colorful, since her living arrangements contained a young Earl filled with despair and revenge. She knew his secret with his number one Butler, but she never felt afraid or dejected of them. In her shoes she would have done the same to get revenge for her parents, however she never knew her parents. It was a year ago today when Ciel and Sebastian found her on the streets being harassed by a drunk lowlife.

"My lady, what is keeping you? The young lord is asking for you." Sebastian's proper voice erupted from behind her making her jump and almost drop the cleaning rag she held. "Gah! Sebastian don't sneak up on me like that." She scolded before walking away from the smirking Butler. She loved his smirk; it always seemed to make her blush and feel her stomach flip around. She headed to her master's door and knocked. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, do come in Celeste." Ciel's serious voice could be heard from behind the door. She opened it and walked in, stopping before his desk. "Please tell me you do not have any unfathomable intentions with Sebastian." He looked his one eye up to match hers. Huh? She thought confused and taken aback. "With Sebastian, sir?"

He nodded. "Yes, are you and Sebastian in relations...?" He cleared his throat and looked down.

 "N-no." Her mind hazed at the thought of being in Sebastian's strong demon arms. "What made you think of that?"

 Ciel blushed a pink color before answering, "he should be focused on being a Butler, not on wondering where you are all the time. He's been distant and I thought that maybe the two of you were becoming close-"

Her eyes widened, "oh- n-no we aren't." Oh, how she wished they were. "Does the master care about me?" She asked playfully realizing Ciel cares about her personal life and is looking after her from the demon. "N-no, I just want this house to be professional." He stuttered looking anywhere but her. She had always thought Ciel to be cute like a little brother, he was the only young Earl she's known of. "Okay then, I'll be off, I've got to wash the windows."

"Yes, please do, and remember, professionalism." He added before she nodded and left. She walked down the long hallways before feeling like someone was following her. She noticed the sound of an off set of footsteps and walked towards Sebastian's room thinking it was him, as he always did this after her and Ciel's meetings. "What did he want?" Sebastian said behind her.

 "Oh, nothing much, he told me we would be having guests tomorrow and to make sure the house is spotless." She lied trying to not embarrass herself in front of the man. 

She felt Sebastian's breath on her neck and shivered slightly. "You know I can tell if you're lying, my lady." She turned around swifty. "How do you know I'm lying? You weren't there." She smiled with an innocent face, the one he had grown to care for.

Sebastian had a deep secret that defied the basic knowledge of demons. "Demons can't feel love, they can't feel emotions, and especially demons do not feel remorse." In the last year he has shattered the demon reality and believed himself to be broken. Ever since this beautiful maiden walked into his life, his heart started beating again. He feels remorse when he sees her cry most nights in her room, he feels love when she is able to smile after crying the night before, he feels things he was not supposed too.

He wished to be the only man to make her smile, however he thinks she doesn't know of his contract with the young Earl, or his being a demon. He felt ashamed of himself, acting as a human, and pursuing a beautiful fragile woman. How unrealistic.

"Sebastian?" She asked bringing him from his thoughts. His red eyes matched her brown orbs, making him smile down at her. 

"I have come to know of your little movements that tell when you are lying."