"The suffering I shall cause to receive no sympathy." - Chapter 1.

"To a dog, Love and kindness are simple. When faced with facts; May only you realize that the dog may love you more than themselves."

[----------------------------]

With a grunt, Velvet stood tall, face to face with a long-term enemy of his, Pastry Cookie. Pastry stood armed with a crossbow, pointing the weapons end towards Red Velvet with a hostile expression on her face. Nothing other than vile words would ever leave her mouth when faced with a cake, or cookie. 
"You refuse to take responsibility in this world. You're no better than a cake hound, though no worse than a raging storm. You're a vile creation who shouldn't have set foot outside the oven where you were born." She spat nonsense. Red could only Scoff, closing his eyes and tilting his head downwards as if disappointed by her wordplay. 

"Pastry, you have no right to spill such words in front of the very place you speak of. You're a disrespectful woman, Your only goal is to rid the world of those who don't follow your leaders, Don't you?" He opened an eye tilting his head upwards again in order to see the cookie nearby. "I doubt that you'll keep your life with that attitude around here... To think that you'd wish to face me and many other creatures of this very land, along with the many that choose to follow elsewhere."

Pastry simply gritted her teeth, Growling lowly. Her eyes narrowed into slits as she aimed once more, Staying in that pose until she spoke up, Her face hidden behind the crossbow's hilt. 

"How touching..." She commented. Red Velvet rose his claymore-like weapon and glared at her. Holding steady waiting for the other to attack. That was until there was a rustle in the bushes, and Pastry quickly changed positions aiming for whatever was in the bushes. Red froze for a moment as he heard a small bark come from the bush. Turning his head he instantly felt a wave of worry crash into him. His legs were already feeling weakened by the thought of it.   

He was correct, the Cake hound hopped out of the bushes and dashed off in front of Red velvet. Barking as if to assert dominance against the saint in front of him. "Chiffon. Scram!" Velvet urged, taking a moment to look down at the dog in front of him. Though with an owner Chiffon did as commanded and backed up before making an attempt at making an escape. 

Though the silence between them stopped when velvet heard the launch of an arrow and quickly bent down to avoid it. though Chiffon granted that he would listen to orders could only hear a slightly pained huff from Velvet as he moved so swiftly with an attempt to attack Pastry. The cake hound turned back around and dashed forwards, attempting his own hand at the battle. Though with a quick deflect the Hound was pummeled to the ground. With that Red velvet froze. 

A pained yelp escaped the dog's cake maw, and furthermore let out a growl, Velvet glared at Pastry. "Don't you even think about hurting him You- You bloody scoundrel!" Red huffed, growling with his own tone. Pastry chuckled, looking down beside her at the dog who slowly tried to stand up again. With a simple attack, the hound was back on the ground. 

"Don't test me Red Velvet. I know your weakness here, Do not try and act rash as it doesn't matter to you." She declared as if she were an evil scientist she listed her food and placed it down on the cake hound's body. Keeping Chiffon from moving. 

Velvet took one step forward, though with a keen eye Pastry loaded her Crossbow again, Aiming it not at him but at the hound who lay hopelessly on the ground beneath her. Yelping in a sad, and scared tone to which Red Velvet could understand so clearly. He shivered. he dared to take another step. 

"Leave him Out of this Pastry... I know you're better than that!" Red Velvet growled again, anger could be so well found in his tone though with what lingered was a soft touch of worry for his companion. 

"Adding him in seems funn'er don't cha' think.." She slurred with hostile intent. She looked up to glare at him. She continued. "If you so much as a step forward one more time I'll see your dearest gone." 

Red Velvet couldn't move. He wouldn't and he never would even if he were to starve.  His face altered. 'How would he fix this? how could get his beloved back? No clue. 

Chiffon squirmed, Yelping as she pressed her food deeper into the side of the hound, Shouting at him. "Stop moving or I'll have your life cut in two!" She growled, Spitting her nasty words at Chiffon. He could only reply with a weak whimper. Velvet couldn't stand the sound of the dog's cries. 

"Lay off! He's done nothing to you! I'm the one you've been hostile towards, Why switch it up now you vile creature!" He shouted back at her, Stepping forwards again. She notices it and narrowed her eyes. "One is enough..." She mumbled, shooting an arrow.

There was another loud yelp before everything was sent into silence. Red stopped, dropping his claymore. Shivering he looked at Chiffon. Blood layered the ground with a lovely haze. "Chiffon!" Red Velvet yelped, dropping to his knees and hastily crawling over to the hound. Pastry had already backed away glaring daggered into the cake man. Red Reached out for Chiffon taking the hound within his arm tears welling up in his eyes as he quickly stood up and growled lowly. 

"Now look and see who's the real monster Pastry... First, you invade the cake creatures' home and second you kill one with no given remorse... You sick bastard!" Red couldn't take it. Tears has already started to slide down his cheeks as his eyes held in a hostile touch as if a fire within him was lit what only was the fuse to the pool of anger that welled up inside of him. 

"So what." She spat in return. "I'll let you go you ungrateful rat. I'll be taking my leave." She finished. Red velvet paid her no mind and could only slump back down into a ball on the ground if he was to hug his knees he would But he chose to hold his beloved dog.

He let out a saddened wail, sure enough, they would hear it loud and clear yet he didn't care, He clenched the hound's coat tightly and cried into Chiffon's pelt. Shivering his words would be slurred, only to be drowned out by tears even if he tried to speak. 

Red Velvet didn't move, He would rather not. 

With the Silence only broken by sobs, There was no one. The area was empty and never gave a soul any fragment of broken sympathy.