FLUFF!Filler Chapter - "Below the Willow.„

None of this contributes to the current storyline as it's just a filler for the inconsistent chapter release (like I've ever been consistent, but I would rather not spend another two years to write a second chapter to this without in-between content to entertain until it is released that it is.)

This is also a semi-modern, and Human universe.

THIS IS BASED ON THE SONG ABOVE!! -^

The drifting breeze greeted the shorter man as he walked through the tall grass, parting it with his hands. It was only a matter of time before he found the person he was looking for, Under the willow tree, within his shadow looking into the river's waters as it made the cattails sway.

This Tree was the same old tree that had been planted as kids, as strange as it was. It never dawned upon them that it would be their symbol of friendship, even marriage if they wanted it to be.
 Though alongside the river  Red Velvet sat his hair tied up on a high pony to keep it away from the water. Licorice, The shorter of the two slowly walked towards him, pushing reeds aside as he sat down beside Red Velvet, his shoes in the water below. He didn't care, not much that is.

"Don't you remember the time you got sick by doing that, It's almost winter y'know?" Red grumbled, Shifting to look at his partner.

"I know, I know. But do you remember the Summer nights we spent out here sleeping in the grass?" Licorice replied.

Red Velvet looked down, He sighed and clasped his hands on his lap. "It was different back then when we were kids. Don't you agree..?"

Licorice stayed quiet for the most part, nodding in agreement. "Before you were blinded? Or before we planted the tree?" He chuckled. Red Velvet scoffed, turning his eyes to the shorter of the two.
"Y'know, Back then we had no worries. It's not like we have that anymore. We have to worry about everything constantly, I wish we could go back to the times we just sat here for days on end, dancing under the stars like we used to."

"Haha. That sounded quite genuine like we would have time for that now." Licorice responded, crossing his arms.
"Don't forget who asked to plant the tree, wasn't that you back in time? — plus, we do have the time, We have the time right now to do as we please here don't we?" Red velvet reasoned, Taking licorice's hand on his own with a warm smile.

"I suppose that's correct..." Licorice looked at Red velvets hand, smiling as well. He grazed his 9ther free hand over Reds, Pressing them together as if it were a sign of comfort.

"Maybe we could dance under the tree again." Red velvet muttered, lowering his head as if it were shameful to ask. Licorice removed his hand from over the top of Red's and reached over to grab his chin moving his head so he could look at him.

"Why not? While we're here." Licorice replied, before kissing the other man it wasn't long but When they parted Red shook his head and grinned

They stood under the tree, the wind blowing through the long branches, letting them sway in a beautiful pattern. They held each other in a soft embrace before they parted just enough to hold their hands together, to shift one to the side of another. 

The two of them did smile. 

Licorice closed his eyes for a moment, and when he opened them again he didn't look at Red Velvet, But at what was behind him. The markings that were carved into the tree oh so long ago were still there too. 

He could feel a cold touch on his face a moment later, of course, it was the taller man, cupping his cheek in his hand gently, moving his thumb along the shorter face. It was a subtle way of grabbing the shorter man's attention, as his hand instantly clasped over the tallers', turning his head and smiling back at him. 

"well? shall we start?" Red Velvet asked, keeping his voice to a mere whisper, he seemed comfortable enough. 

"I suppose." He responded, letting the other man along with himself get back into the original position, a classic waltz position. No music of course, besides the tune of the Swaying grass and branches with the slight background of moving water that was never harsh on its banks. 

Though they let nature's song fill their ears as they finally started their waltz' the clearing was small but it wouldn't stop them at least. It would have been way harder with their work uniforms on, to say the least. 

as the two danced memories of the past slowly crept into their minds, Of the time they would simply, Sit and cry along the banks, or even dance with different styles and feelings mixed inwards. 

Though this one was different, They were holding each other, it was slow and calm. The embrace they kept insured that they would never leave each other, of course, that is what they believed. They danced furthermore, the land they loved here with the willow tree that loomed over them. It held many memories, sad ones and happy ones alike. 

Their first sad memory here, which always made them shed tears back in their youth, was the day that Red's first dog had died, they buried the small hound on the opposite side of the clearing, under the tree. Though that was many, upon many years ago. 

They preferred the tree to be more of a happy place, which is why not many saddened days were spent here besides the well-known. 

- They gracefully glided across the clearing, leaving small dust clouds behind them as Licorice's shorter cloak grazed the surface of the land as it were a long gown, one that would belong to a mistress at that. 

While Red Velvet had simply kicked up the dirt with his shoes as he continued, He never wore anything long enough to drag on the ground, he wore things that there only just past his knee's when he was forced to. 

Finally, They stopped. Licorice reached up to move a loose tuft of hair from Red Velvets' face. Brushing the strain behind his ear as he chuckled lightly. "You didn't tye up your hair very well.." Licorice said, holding the other head in his hand. 

"I know, I know. I would cut it if I could, But I won't for your sake." Red Velvet Smiled, It was a toothy smile, which let alone made licorice smile more. 

"Maybe I should grow out my hair more, what'd you think of that..?" Licorice muttered. Red sighed.

"You'd look nice either way, It's your hair y'know." He responded, ruffling the shorters locks.

"I'm aware.." Licorice chided, pulling away and crossing his arms. He stood in front of Red Velvet still, letting out a small huff of frustration. 

"Oh common' You can't get all fussy, now. We're here under the tree, now why don't we sit down for a littl'." Red velvet chuckled, without warning, he scooped up Licorice and walked to the base of the tree. 

He crouched down and set Licorice down as gently as he could, and then sat down on the ground with him, Licorice looked at him for a moment before opening his mouth to speak.
"You didn't have to carry me Red, I can walk." 

"I know that, I was just messing with you." Red Velvet scoffed, leaning back against the tree, arms crossed behind his head. Licorice sighed before scooting over and laying his head on the other man. 

Red velvet shuffled a little, Making it comfier for Licorice. The sun was already near the horizon, I was only slightly above the horizon when red velvet was there alone, watching the small fish travel downstream.

licorice yawned, he wasn't typically tired at the time, but today was eventful enough for him, It wasn't much but it still made him tired.  Red velvet smiled and brushed his hair gently, Playing with single strands as licorice fell asleep, A quick-to-go-to sleep, but hard-to-wake-up man he was. he smiled, Letting his thoughts continue as they were. 

The sun slowly went below the horizon and changed the skies above, yet they stayed below the tress protected by their memories, Peaceful at all times, as the night course began.

Time was continuous, It would never stop. And neither would their spirits