𝐈𝐈.

He had come back home after a long series unknown to the fact that his family was ready with the most dangerous weapon of the world to make sure that he abided by their wishes.

Manav was just like any other middle-class boy. Closer to his mom and quite afraid of his dad. Actually, it wasn't like he was scared of his dad. It was more like, he respected him too much to be as casual with him as he was with his mother.

Normally, Manav lived alone in his house in Patna. While his parents preferred to live in their village, his elder brother lived in their hometown, Muzaffarpur. Though, they visited, he had tried far too many times to make his parents stay with him but neither he, nor his brother ever succeeded. They were happy in the village. They preferred that life. Living with either of the brothers would mean for them to leave the village household. And that was something his parents didn't want. Moreover, they didn't want to stay under constant media presence which would come with Manav.

It was almost time for holi. This year he had joined his family in the village. Though, it wasn't easy to duck the media but he managed. And here he was, enjoying his stay.

It had been two days since holi. Two days since he was informed about his potential marriage with his potential bride. Manav had somehow always known that he would end up having an arranged marriage. He did had a few girls here and there during his initial years of build up, but never anything serious. The only serious relationship he had was during his initial international matches. But it didn't worked out. The girl's parents were adamant on their thoughts. It was though true that he wasn't any good at that time. He barely scored a total of 18 runs in the series. And this made them sure that he was no good. A useless person. And that he didn't deserve their daughter.

He doesn't actually hates them. True, during the initial days the heartbreak was real. It felt very bad. But with time he coped up. He understood where her parents were coming from. And now, he was glad that the girl was happily married. He tried to date for some time, but none made him feel better. And hence, here he was, pretty much single.

Now that his parents told him about the girl, he knew his answer. It was a yes. There were several reasons. First being, she was his parent's choice and there wasn't anything he'd not do for them. 

                   °•~━━✥❖✥━━~•°

Ojasvi was back to her home in Muzaffarpur. She had taken a leave for two days for holi. It had been years since she last celebrated holi with her family. It took her almost 2 and a half hours to reach muzaffarpur.

It was after the celebration in the evening when she was told about the alliance. But before she could answer, she got a call stating an emergency. One of her patients had gone into the labour. Though the contractions had just started and it would take hours before the actual birth, this delivery was also quite risky. And thus, demanded her presence.

Sitting back in her car to leave, she looked back at her family who were waving back at her with smiles.

Ojasvi: Aap sabko jo bhi theek lage, kar lijiye. Hum taiyaar hain.

As soon as the Shahi family heard her, they were all smiles while she took a last look at their smiling faces before moving back to her duty.

Sunaina Shahi wasn't sure about this alliance for her daughter at first. She was a bit hesitant of the fact that the boy though was a great player, didn't had a guaranteed job. She was scared about her daughter's future. But it was her husband, who reminded her how their own son was an athlete too. And moreover, the guy had a good track record with a nice family and friend circle. It wasn't bad. And it might just be the best their daughter could have.

                    °•~━━✥❖✥━━~•°

Manav was back with his team for a T20 match against New Zealand which was being held in Australia. He had to stay here for a week as two days after the first match, the team had to play against Australia too.

Since the day he had been back, the team could feel something bothering him. Though, he made sure that nothing hampered their game, he was definitely thinking about something.

With the senior players like Ms Dhoni, Raina, Kohli, Rohit, etc. who have already retired, Manav had a few senior player in every match. Like in this one, the playing 11 included Deepak Chahar and Hardik Pandya. The rest of the team included young players who were specially recommended by Dhoni and co.

This match was of great importance for him. This match would mark the end of one of his favourite players, Hardik Pandya. And he wanted to give him the best he could. The best win. Moreover, Dhoni, Virat, Raina, Rohit and Sachin themselves were here to witness this.

As the match started, India had to first bowl after losing the toss. There was a time India was known for its chase. But with a young team, whose potentials were still not quite known to the international teams, none could tell if the decision would favour India or not. Though, Manav looked calm outside, his mind was already examining the ground and the pitch. The only person smiling at that moment was MS Dhoni himself. He was the one who had known what these new kids had in them. He knew their potentials and their weaknesses too.

Raina: Saari duniya ek taraf, aur mahi ek taraf. Bhai mere, mujhe aisa kyu lag raha hai that you already know the results?

MS looked at his long time friend. He was one among those people who could read his face quite well.

MS Dhoni: 100% nahi. Par 75% haan. Baaki ka 25% ladko ko dikhane do.

Virat: Pehle bowling karna is going to favour us. Isn't it?

MS Dhoni: Cheeku, chances hai. Surety nahi. Ye log dimaag lagayenge to pata bhi nhi chalega kab match jeet gaye. Bewakoofi karenge to yahi maat kha jaayenge. For the record, conditions favourable hai. Ball pitch pe khud bhi naachegi, aur batsman ko bhi nachaayegi. Depend karta hai, kaun kitni der tak naach sakta hai.

While the three of them were busy talking, Rohit had exchanged his seat with the person sitting next to Sachin as he wanted to have the special laddoos, Sachin had brought with him for everyone. He opened the box and started eating while just humming in between. It was Virat who noticed him first.

Virat: Oye, ye sabke liye hai. Tune aadha khatam kar diya.

Rohit (with his mouthful): Jhoota, sirf teen khaya.

Virat (furiously): Aur haath me chautha leke baitha hai. Mere liye bhi hai.

Rohit (putting the fourth one in his mouth): Pagal hai kya? Diet bigar jaayegi. Mai khalunga tere wale bhi.

Virat (snatching the box): Koi zaroorat nahi. Bhukhhad aadmi. Mai khud kha sakta hu. I don't play anymore.

Rohit (snatching back the box): Khelta nhi hai, par train to karta hai na? Yahi sikhayega naye ladko ko?

The two boys went on and on with their banter as they snatched back the box from one another while popping in a laddoo everytime whereas Raina grimaced looking at them and then back at Dhoni who was giving him a I-told-you-so look.

Dhoni (whispering in Raina's ear): Nikal mere paise.

Raina (giving him a disgusting look): Bhaag nahi raha hu tere paise leke.

Sachin looked at his juniors and their juniors. Both the pairs busy in their own world. He chuckled a bit before looking back at Rohit who had the empty laddoo box in his hands and was looking into his bag along with Virat to find what more their Sach pa had brought with him.

Sachin (to mahi and raina): Tum dono apne in anmol ratno ko sambhalo. Warna pata chala, kisi aur ke liye kuch bachega hi nahi. 

As the match proceeded, the seniors enjoyed while bickering and eating together.