Chap 1

Gym.

Eric had brought some harmless lasers to the gym, and he and Nell decided to see if they could navigate their way through them like secret spies.

'Beep beep!'.

'Nuts! I must have slipped, again!' Eric grumbled.

'Or maybe you just have poor footwork.' Nell replied.

'Is this really a good idea though? Trying to navigate through harmless lasers like we're spies? What if Hetty or Granger walk in and laugh at us?'

'That's not why we're doing this, Eric. We're doing this because 1, it was my idea. 2, It sounded fun. 3, It may help with our balance and help us navigate through hard issues.'

'Except aren't we supposed to be too smart to have to deal with hard issues? We ARE the 2 smartest people on this team after all! Well, 2 smartest people who aren't our bosses.' Eric asked.

'Very funny. Let's go again.'

Eric went again. And he was doing well, until he felt a rip in his pants.

'Ooh! Wow.' Nell mouthed.

'You know something, this is silly! Let's just break for now and do something else.' Eric said, wanting to give up.

'I wouldn't blame you one bit, Mr. Beale. Lasers can be pretty complicated to navigate through, especially when they're moving.' Hetty replied, walking in.

'What? How long were you listening or watching?!' Nell asked, surprised.

'A while. While I appreciate your efforts to try and get through a tough spy challenge, you seem to lack coordination and a bit of creativity. I can show you both how to get through a laser field.'

'Oh no, that's okay. We can try to work it out for ourselves.' Eric quickly said.

Not convinced, Hetty told Nell to start up the laser filed, and she got through it like it was nothing, without ripping her pants or breaking a sweat!

'Wha?! How did?!' Nell didn't really know what to say. Eric was speechless.

'Ah, nothing to it! Just takes a bit of training and creativity. And also being small.' Hetty humbly bragged. Then she left.

'Should we just.....' Eric tried to say.

'Come on! If she can do it, so can we! Let's go again!' Nell confidently said after getting over her shock.