Chapter 13 - Targaryen

A week after the wedding, Vera's dragon egg had indeed hatched. The dragon was as darkness night with red eyes. Aemond had helped his wife bond with her dragon, which was called Drogon, and when the dragon started to get a little bigger, he started to be at the courtyard with Vhagar, who was apparently grew to enjoy the young dragon's company.

Almost two moon after the wedding, Vera had started to feel strange, and it didn't help her when Drogon and Vhagar started to act strangely when she was around them. Aemond and Criston didn't let her get near the dragons until she will let the Maester check on her, which she finally did.

So there she was in the evening, sitting in her bedchamber she share with her husband, and letting Orwyle check her with her father and Lyla by her side. The Queen was with her as well, she was a bit worried when she was informed that Vera was unwell lately so she came to see what was happening.

"When was the last time you bled, my Lady?" Orwyle asked.

Vera looked at Orwyle in surprise before she darted her eyes to the Queen and her father, and then back Orwyle. "I haven't since the wedding..." she answered.

The Queen looked from her to Orwyle, "You believe..."

Orwyle smiled and nodded, "Yes, she is with child, Your Grace."

The Queen was delighted by the news and looked at Vera, "Gods be good, Vera, you and Aemond are going to be parents."

Criston let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding, and placed his hands on his daughter's shoulders as she smiled.

Aemond walked in and frowned, "What is going on?"

The Queen smiled as she stood up, "Aemond."

Orwyle stood up, "I shall take my leave now." The Queen nodded, "Yes, thank you."

Orwyle bowed and left with Lyla. Aemond kneeled in front of Vera as he took her hand, "What is it?"

Vera smiled at him as Criston looked at the Queen, "Perhaps we should let them speak in privet, Your Grace?"

"Yes," the Queen agreed and looked at Vera and Aemond, "We will see you tomorrow."

The Queen and Criston left them alone, and Aemond looked at Vera. Vera stood up and he did as well. She took his eyepatch off to look at his sapphire eye and placed her hand on his cheek. She smiled softly at him and spoke up, "I'm with child."

Aemond's breath caught in his throat as he started at her with wide eye and Vera thought he wasn't happy with the news. But then she relaxed when he smiled widely. "You're with child?" he asked and she nodded.

Vera took his hand and placed it on her belly. Aemond caressed her still flat belly with his thumb as he grinned. His eye darted from her belly to her face and he placed his hand on her cheek, caressing her skin before leaning down and pressing his lips against hers. They pulled away and pressed their foreheads on each other.

Aemond smirked softly, "I am going to be a father," he breathed, and Vera smiled. 

Everyone were happy by the announcement of Vera and Prince Aemond's child. And three days after the announcement, the Queen had gave Vera another maid to help her during the pregnancy, and the King had placed Ser Erryk as her new protector.

Her new maid, Dyana was a friendly and nice girl, and unlike Lyla, she would be companying Vera on her walks or just to sit with her to talk while Aemond wasn't around. Ser Erryk was also a nice company to have around, and even his twin brother, Ser Arryk, who was Aegon's sworn protector.

Vera had hardly seeing Aegon since her pregnancy announcement, however she was surprised and happy that Daeron had came to visit more often now.

After the discovery of her pregnancy, Aemond didn't let Vera go without him to see her dragon and his, so he would go with her to visit them. Drogon had surprisingly grew larger more and more during the months of the pregnancy, and Vera had grown to enjoy to be around her dragon, and he also grown to be protective over her.