Chapter one~ The night

Copyright © Jazmine May 2015

All Rights reserved

[Niall]

The house was quite, only the soft sound of wind outside could be hard. About a couple hours ago my parents went to bed, leaving Greg my older brother to play his new video game, but went to bed shortly after.

I laid in bed, waiting for the right moment to move. I have been planning this for a while now. I'm a bit nervous about it, since I never done anything like this before, but I'm willing to take the chance.

I slowly stood up, making sure the rattling of my bed wasn't loud so my parents would wake up. They would have a a big fit if they where to find out I was leaving, not forever, just for a couple of hours, but they still will try to keep me from leaving.

They would freak out if they found out I was breaking the number one rule throughout BradFord, Never go out side at night.

The whole town knows things lerk on the streets when the sun sets. Things un normal for us to see. We all hard how bad these things are; how disgusting and awful they are. But ever since I was young I always knew these stories where added throughout the years.

I knew they where fake. Everything I have been told is fake. I know for a fact the buggy man does not exist, but the people in town think that's what walks around. With the research I had done on my spear time, I figured out the things outside where actually Lost Children.

Lost Children are teens who never felt they belonged here in Bradford. They would leave I to the woods and never come back, well never come back the same. When they entered the woods they changed. The woods felt their pain, so it changed them forever.

I wanted to see if it was actually true, because I can't just believe the internet. I wanted to see for myself.

I had everything I needed for this.