008

"We want to help."

Looking over, Eligo caught sight of the six Semidioses.

"With what, exactly?" Eligo crossed his arms, a flash of gold nestled on his elbow quickly covered.

"The Obsidians won't stop coming until they get what they want, but you have slowed them down." Xochi spoke quickly "If we leave today we could make it to an outer city of Rieno Del Sol and be safe until our parents come find us."

"What happened to not trusting me?" Eligo tilted his head, raising an eyebrow.

"Marino told us about what you said." Atzi spoke quietly. "We can also piece together what you wanted to do to the Obsidians after you drank the Elixir."

"The point is, you're willing to protect your people." Auristela seemed reluctant to compliment Eligo, but she did so anyway. "If someone like you was trusted by a Diosa's power, then we have to help you and not allow anything bad happen to Rieno Del Sol."

Eligo smirked "Alrighty then." He looked over at Ale, who'd been staring at his interaction with unease. Motioning them over, Eligo watched as they pulled the others with them. Even Izan was awake. "New plan."

"With these guys? Must be good." Omar teased "What's up?"

"We're moving above ground, all of us." Eligo replied "We leave in an hour for Quetzalan, any questions?"

Ocelo frowned "We're closest to bird brain's city?" They asked, seemingly disgusted.

"Shut it protein powder." Eligo said "You four, any objections?"

The twins shook their heads in unison.

"It's not the worst idea we've got." Izan sighed

"But we need a backup plan." Ale said, looking Ocelo up and down. "Where'll we go if Quetzalan is dark?"

"We traveled until we find a lit up city." Eligo replied. "Besides, the totems will allow us to travel safe so long as the Obsidian Dioses are not around."

"They can do that?" Atzi looked at the threads around Eligo's neck "Awesome."

"Also, what do we do with Xio?" Xochi asked, frowning.

"Who's Xio?" Ale and Eligo asked in unison.

"The little guy they kept calling a traitor." Omar offered "I think Juan locked him in a room though..."

"Why the fuck- you know what? It's fine." Ale put up their hands "Eli, we gonna bring him?"

Auristela bristled "Why're you asking him?" She demanded.

"Look lady, we've established that Eli's our leader. If he's leading our people out, it's his call." Ale scoffed, wings puffing up slightly.

A flash of recognition passed over Auristela's face, but she shook it off before anyone noticed.

"Fine." She hissed. "But if that toddler comes with us, we're out."

Eligo tilted his head. "What'd he do, anyhow?" He asked "Y'know, kinda been dealing with totem holder shit and Obsidians."

Marino looked at Eligo, eyes wide. "Oh shit, that's right!" He grimaced "We forgot to tell you, Xio's an Obsidian too."

The five froze, causing the Semidioses to tense in wait for their reactions.

"Oh shit-" Omar and Yunen were the first to get their bearings, turning to vanish into the crowd.

"Ale-" Izan was next, turning to the winged Medici.

"On it- where'd Eli go?!" Then it was Ale and Eligo, the former turning in surprise when the latter bolted from the cave. "Izan-?!" Followed by Izan. Groaning, Ale tilted their head back "Fuck- babysitter again?!"

"Uh- do you want to explain what's happening?"

"He's second door to the right- Eli why are you running?!" Izan was out of breath from keeping up with Eligo. When they came upon a wall of sandstone that was out of place from the rest of the wall, he gripped Eligo's arm tightly.

"The Obsidians, they weren't just after me." Eligo replied, gently touching the sandstone wall. "They were after something else."

As the wall collapsed into sand, Eligo caught a glimpse of a shining skull being hidden away.

"Who're you?" And the small boy how'd hidden it stood up quickly to oppose Eligo and Izan. He wasn't anything like the bashful kid he'd presented as at first, instead his eyes were blackened with rage.

"You have the skull." Eligo replied evenly, hands twitching. "Why do you have the skull?"

"Like the Sol Stone skull?" Izan's eyes widened "... What?"

Xio chuckled "You don't scare me." he declared "Totem Holder."

Izan twitched. Eligo shot forward and grabbed Xio, moving him out of the way with ease. He didn't know where the skull was, but he didn't need to.

Flicking his wrist, a golden skull the size of a basketball shot into his hands right as a stream of boiling water seared his skin.

Eligo cried out immediately, slamming a shield of light over himself. He hissed as water still tried to pelt him, watching as Izan's eyes were seemingly black. He frowned, knowing it was the Semidios escaping through the entrance.

All Eligo could do was wait it out.

He didn't have to wait long. Through the water he saw as Izan was hit over the back of his head, collapsing to the floor. Staying in the dome, Eligo was able to make out the figure of Marino and someone else.

"Ale must suck at their job." But when he did, the skull was nowhere to be found in his hands, instead hidden away in the book bag he'd picked up from behind himself. "Either that, or you're exceptionally good at getting away."

"Ale sent us." Marino admitted as Eligo let down the dome. "What happened?"

"Xio fuckin did." without the slight blur of his light, Eligo could now distinguish that the second person was Dezi. He was sat on the floor, trying to wake Izan up. "we came for him, and he did... something to Izan."

He didn't mention the Sol Stone, he couldn't trust anyone yet.

"Teo said something about that..." Marino breathed "Did Xio get away?"

"He can't pass through the barrier if he'd Obsidian anyway." Eligo denied, looking down to Dezi and Izan "Plus, we have bigger issues."