Chapter 1: Ilvermorny receding

The raindrops slid slowly down the train window as Y/n watched the quickly fading landscape. She held her crumpled Hogwarts letter and folded the worn parchment nervously.
         This was her first year at a new school, she had every right to be nervous. Her years at Ilvermorny weren't the best of the best, but this year she was certain this would be better. It had to be better.
          Y/n's black cat hopped up onto the seat with her, purring loudly and nuzzling her letter out of her hands. The letter sauntered down to the floor with a pat.
             "Beatrice!" Y/n hissed. "I know you want attention but, you don't need to push me over for it"
              Bea let out a meow like a banshee and Y/n sighed and scratched just behind her ears. The door to the compartment slid open right as Y/n bent down to get her letter.
             In the doorway stood a wacky looking girl with a copy of The Quibbler. She had the blondest hair Y/n had ever seen and crystals hung in chains from her neck. She had some kind of weird glasses resting on her nose.
             "Hmm," she hummed. "No Wrackspurts in here,"  
              She spoke in a dreamy voice and glanced once at Y/n
              "You should probably get dressed; we'll arrive at the school soon." She muttered, "Bye now,"
               She slid the door shut and left Y/n to change into her robes.
              "She was quite pretty." Y/n said to herself.
               She could already tell this would be a great year.