Chapter 12: The Date

Tw: Victim blaming, panic attack, mentions of blood
Y/n had so many thoughts running through her head. Luna had kissed her. Luna had kissed her.
Just the thought made Y/n swoon. But this "date" of theirs had her so confused.
Professor McGonagall had asked to see her before they were to meet up at 4. Y/n had hoped that it was nothing bad, considering Harry's second task was the day after.
Y/n knocked with 3 small raps.
"Come in." A voice said from inside.
"You wanted to see me, Professor?" Y/n questioned.
"Yes, I did. I'd like to know your proximity to Mr. Potter."
"Oh, Harry and I are friends. I've helped him through some nightmares." Y/n answered honestly "Why do you ask?"
        McGonagall smiled at her sadly "I truly am sorry for what I'm about to do."
      "Wha-"
        Everything went black.

                                         ***

          In this state Y/n could only feel her surroundings. And all she could feel right now was a cold shock of something eating away at her skin. No, it wasn't eating. It was just cold, like someone had drenched her in water.
        She opened her eyes, bright hazy colors flooding her vision.
        It was a flower field. Full of youthful snapdragons and fluorescent dahlias. And there was Luna, in a pale blue floor-length gown. It made her look divine.
She sauntered up to Y/n seductively, snaking her arms around Y/n's  waist.
       "Do you want me, Darling?" she asked Y/n her eyes flashing yellow.
        Y/n gasped and pushed her back, disgusted. "You're not my Looney."
      "Good catch." Not-Luna winked.
           And Y/n gasped as warmth returned to her skin.
                                          ***
            "Y/n!"
             She gasped awake, choking the water out of her lungs.
"Thank goodness you're ok! They said the charm had worn off." Harry said, hugging her so tight she almost spit up more water.
"W-where's Luna?" She croaked weakly.
"She's been looking for you for a while! Thank goodness you're ok!" He replied.
"Where's Luna?" Y/n was too dazed to hear him.
            Her lungs ached from the sting of water flooding into them. It hurt to breathe.
           She wasn't getting enough air and her vision clouded with black spots.
         "Where's Looney?" Y/n whispered as her head sagged back limply.
***
When Y/n awoke for a second time, she was in the hospital wing. She had white sheets covering all the way to her shoulders and someone had swapped out her soggy clothes for white pajamas.
Her throat ached when she spoke, " Harry?"
His head shot up from the end of her bed.
"How are you feeling? A bit better? Are you hungry?" He rambled.
"Calm down, Harry." Y/n sighed. "I'm okay. Do you know where Luna is?"
"Oh she was livid, she went to chew McGonagall out." Harry said.
"I missed our date." Y/n replied, raking a hand through her hair, "God, this is all my fault. I just found out that she liked me."
Y/n gripped at the roots of her hair, the pain searing her scalp.
"Whoa whoa, I'm sure that Luna is simply mad that you were almost hurt" Harry said, placing a hand on her shoulder.
"Stop it. Stop. Stop. Stop." Harry moved his hand and stepped a few paces back, "I have to go find her, I have to apologize."
She was shaking. The fact that she's just almost drowned wasn't helping this panic she'd ensued. She threw the covers off her cold body and stumbled against the nightstand, shattering the glass of water that sat upon it.
         Harry looked at her with shock scarring his face as a bead of blood ran down Y/n's arm. He ran to the medical cabinet as the doors to the wing slammed shut.
       Though, the sound was no more than a dull thud in Y/n's mind. She recognized the blue embroidery on the shoes that stood before her and hazily looked up at Luna.
        "I'm sorry, Looney." Y/n sobbed.
         "Hush now, dear." She said, wrapping bandage around the slash on Y/n's forearm. "You're alright now. I've had a nice chat with Professor McGonagall. She's deeply sorry."
          "I'm sorry."
           "Shhhhhh" Luna pressed a soft kiss to Y/n's forehead, "It's alright. That date can be rescheduled, it'll be just as magical either way."
            Luna cradled Y/n's cold body, a halo of glass and water surrounded the both of them. Harry smiled at Luna, knowing that his friend was in good hands.
         As the space in her lungs became more open and she could breathe again, she and Luna slipped into the bed. Harry slipped out of the hospital wing with a small goodnight that neither girl heard.
        "Thank you, Looney." Y/n said, nuzzling into Luna's neck.
        Luna tilted Y/n's lips up to hers, "Goodnight, darling."