-when roses die- short prolog

It was quite, the only nosie is soft steps against the dirt and mud. I was never much for talking, however I was not expecting this to happen on my 10th birthday, my new white dress already caked in dirt and blood, laying there on the cold hard ground, a beast a mer few inches away from me, feasting upon my voice.

Blood pooled and dried around me, two days, two long miserable days was all it took for my abnormal body to heal, I laid in my own blood and stared at the gray sky. Now, how did this come to be you may ask? I was never inside if I didn't have to be, I was outside playing in irradiated pools of liquids, grabbing at plants that were lucky to grow in this waste, never noticing just how bad the people and the world really was. In that moment, I felt real fear.

I sat up after those two days laying in filth, two days of pain, two days of what felt like an eternity of fear. I stumbled to my feet and grimaced at the dry blood flaking off of me, I wasn't sure how I survived, possibly long exposure to radiation gave me certain healing properties? Or I was just lucky? My feet hurt, my throat burns and my eyes are watering, I take a deep breath and cough, gasping in pain and stumbling. Stumbling as I shift and push my way home, ah yes, my home. A dinghy little town called meggatun, I lived there with my mother and father.

My father, a ghoul and my mother a human, well respected, when they saw me after looking for me for those two awful days, seeing how disgusted I was, the scar on my already lightly scarred throat. I have never seen someone cry so much in my few years of life. But when they noticed the scolding flame in my eyes, they realized that I was not sad or upset about losing my precious little ability to talk. I was angry, angry at myself, angry that a ragged beast took something that was mine without permission. I loathe that beast to this day.

However all that anger and spite grew quieter and quieter until it was barley a whisper, it's been six long years sense then, six long years that would never prepare me for this. Cinders falling around me, hitting the ground and becoming crimson in color. My mother dead and actively burning in front of me, my father eradicated. The wind whips at my bear skin and howells out the pain I can not, flames licking my bare feet, hot searing rage and cold sadness running through me like rabid dogs. Yet I stand there and watch my would burn silently, cold, hot, numb and painful.

My reality was gone, gone like my voice, something of mine was once again stolen. My mind goes blank and all I can see is red, ears ringing with a high pitched hum.