Chapter One

"So," exclaimed the yellowish-orange-haired high-schooler to the three others standing before him. "What is everyone going to wear for halloween?" He was standing on a wooden dinner table, with four chairs pushed in around it. He and the other three were the sole members of a musical group known as Wonderlands x Showtime, and they had all gathered at the former's house to discuss halloween plans. Normally, the group's conversations at Tsukasa's house would include his younger sister, Saki; but she was busy discussing the holiday with her own band, Leo/need.

"I think we should all do a group costume!!!" One of the small audience's members spoke up. Her name was Emu, and she was the youngest member of WxS. "We need to have Nene in it this year, too." The reason Nene Kusanagi, the gray-haired person standing next to Emu, hadn't been included in last year's group costume was simple: he had been invited to join the group by her best friend (and now romantic partner), Rui Kamishiro, earlier that year. As a result, they weren't included in the costume trio prior to her joining. "That might be nice..but, aren't we too old for trick-or-treating?" Nene chimed in. He might have been right, but that didn't mean the four couldn't wear costumes.

"Aww man, you're right..it might still be fun, though!!" Emu said, a tone of sadness in her voice. "Well, the only one who hasn't said anything about this is Rui," Tsukasa said, looking at the purple-haired girl standing next to Nene and doing their best to lean on one of the pushed-in chairs. "Yeah!! Rui, you think we should dress up too, right?" Emu was smiling from ear to ear, eyes practically sparkling. "Well, there's no reason Nene shouldn't get to participate in our halloween tradition this year. She's in the group now, after all!" The pink-haired teenager was so happy with that response that she was practically shaking in excitement, probably thinking up tons of costume ideas at lightning speed. That proved to be true when she opened her mouth again and started spewing out all those ideas: "We could all be wizards!! Or witches!! You don't mind being a witch, right Tsukasa? Oh!! Or we could be angels!! Or clowns!! Or giant pieces of candy!! Or maybe animals!! Or--"

Nene interrupted her. "Alright, Emu, calm down. We can vote on those ideas, and pick which one has the most votes." "That's a great idea, Nene!!" Tsukasa chimed in. Emu had forgotten he was there in the midst of her costume rave, and jumped slightly when he spoke. "Alright, who thinks we should go as wizards?" Emu was the only one who raised her hand for that. Then they voted on the idea of angels--Emu raised her hand again, along with Nene. Then clowns, which was voted for by Rui and, once again, Emu. "Hold on, hold on," Nene interjected. "Emu, you can't just vote for every costume you suggested." "Why not? They're all good ideas, I can't just pick one!" Nene sighed and asked Tsukasa to restart the voting. Wizards didn't get any votes, witches didn't either, angels got one and clowns got two. Nobody picked the other two.

"Alright, clowns it is!" Tsukasa stepped off the table. "I'm sure the store has plenty, they've always sold clown costumes." Emu was very happy that one of her ideas had been picked, even though hers were the only ideas even suggested. The four teens raced to the front door of the Tenma house and pulled on their coats.