CHAPTER 9

Unlike the last time, Gemini seems...happy. She seems happy to be sent to a Hospital.

Before, she had a broken leg. Now, she had her right arm swollen, some bruises, and back pain. It is still a good thing that her leg didn't hit on the iron baluster of the staircase.

But despite of the injuries she got, she's still smiling widely. Like nothing happened to her. At all.

Gosh, I might look crazy right now for smiling. But fuck, who cares anyway?

"Hija naman, kakalabas mo pa lang ng Hospital, bumalik ka ulit," naiiling na ani Leanna habang hinahatid ang kanyang inaanak sa kwarto nito. Kasalukuyang nakaupo sa wheelchair si Gemini habang tulak-tulak ito ng kanyang Ninang.

"Ano ba kasi ang ginawa mo?" Leanna asked.

Gemini rolled her eyes, "Nothing," she paused, "I realized that it's better to stay here than in my parents' house. Too much toxicness is suffocating me, Ninang." She replied while grimacing.

It's partly true but it is not the main reason why she did that.

"We're here," Leanna stopped and opened the door. Ipinasok ni Leanna si Gemini sa kwarto nito at inalalayang maka-upo sa kama.

"Oh siya, aalis na ako, hija. I'll be back later to check you again. Take care," Leanna kissed Gemini's forehead before bidding goodbye.

Gemini was stunned. She felt something weird tingling inside her, making her soft. The warmth and pressure from her Ninang's lips on her forehead releases joy and comfort.

At this moment, she felt the love of a mother. But too bad she's not her mother. Her mother is a witch.

It's been so long since the last time I felt this. It felt...good.

Napakurap-kurap ang dalaga nang mabalik ito sa reyalidad.

What the fuck happened?

Napailing na lamang ang dalaga at tinignan ang orasan na nakasabit sa pader.

"5:40? Mag-gagabi na pala," she said, "It doesn't matter anyway, I'll wait for that jerk to visit me."

ITS been almost three hours since Gemini got transferred to her room. Its been almost three hours of waiting for Tarrius to come and visit here but no one came.

"Hmm, i'll wait for another hour," she murmured.

Gemini didn't had her phone with her so she's just waiting patiently at Tarrius while staring at the wall infront of her bed while playing with her fingers.

Gemini keeps on praying that Tarrius will come but another hour had passed, there's still no sign of Tarrius.

"One hour...one last hour," sh3 whispered, "I'll wait for another hour."

10...11...12...1...2...3

But still no sign of Tarrius.

"What the fuck?! Where could that jerk be?!" She blurted out, frustrated.

"I've waited for ten fucking hours!" Inis na sinabunutan ng dalaga ang sarili.

Nagngingit-ngit ang ngipin niya sa inis sa kaalamang hindi dumating ang multong hinintay niya.

My patient became thick because of him yet he'll be the one to make it thin. That fucker.

Out of frustration, kinuha niya ang mga unan at buong pwersang ibinato sa pader kung saan madalas lumulusot noon ang binata.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you!

Kahit walang unan ay nahiga pa rin si Gemini at binalot ang sarili ng puting kumot. She let the blanket embrace her body. As Gemini closed her eyes, a tear escaped from her eyes. Again. Again. And again.