Chapter 1

He was coming back from the store when he saw someone driving a black Sedan coming toward him. It all happened so fast. He hit the ground really hard, hitting his head and knocking himself unconscious. The car drove off, leaving Carlos for dead.

A passer by, walking her dog stumbled across an unconscious Carlos. She immediately called 9-1-1.

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?" Grace's voice came through over the phone.

"I need an ambulance. I was walking my dog when I came across some guy unconscious in an alley outside the store" the woman told Grace.

"Can you tell me if there's a pulse?" Grace wanted to make sure there was before she sent EMS to her location.

The woman bent down to check Carlos for a pulse. "Yeah. He has a pulse, it's weak but it's there" she relayed the information back to Grace.

"Okay, good. EMS is 10 minutes out. They should be arriving any minute now" Grace told her.

"Hurry! This guy doesn't deserve to die. He looks so young" the woman, who felt so bad for Carlos started crying on the phone to Grace.

10 minutes passed and EMS finally arrived. Nancy, Tommy and TK hopped out of the rig and headed over to where the woman was standing.

"Okay. What do we have?" Tommy asked.

"I found this guy unconscious while I was walking my dog" the woman told them.

Just as they were going to treat Carlos, TK noticed something that he wished he hadn't. He recognised the shoes Carlos was wearing. He was wearing white airforce, which are now covered in his own blood.

"It's Carlos!" He told Nancy and Tommy.

"Okay. TK, Nancy and I have it from here" Tommy didn't want TK to be unfocused.

"I'm not leaving him. Please. Let me help" TK was trying to hold back tears. He wanted to be strong for Carlos. He had to be.

"Okay, but you have to stay focused. Carlos needs you to stay strong" Tommy reassured him.

"I'll try!" TK didn't want to stay focused. He wanted to scream at the universe for hurting Carlos.

Tommy and Nancy assessed Carlos so they knew what they were dealing with.

"Looks like he got hit by a car!" Nancy told them.

"How do you know?" TK asked with a shaky voice.

"Do you know what this is?" She picked up a piece of the car bonnet that hit Carlos.

"It's a car bonnet!" TK answered. "Wait, are you saying that Carlos got hit by a car and was left for dead?" TK could barely contain his emotions.

"I'm not 100% sure but it's likely" Nancy said.

"Who would want Carlos dead?" TK asked.

"That's the million dollar question!" Nancy told him.

TK took Carlos' hand in his and waited for Tommy and Nancy to finish assessing him so they could load him in the rig.

They put Carlos on a gurney and wheeled him to the rig, then loaded him in the back of it. TK hopped in the back along with Nancy, while Tommy jumped in the front.

While they were on the way to the hospital, Carlos started crashing.

"He's crashing!" Nancy screamed.

That startled TK who didn't even know what was going on. He's exhausted. All he wants to do is hold Carlos tight and tell him everything's going to be okay. But it's not going to be okay. Someone deliberately ran Carlos over and that makes TK sick to his stomach. Carlos didn't deserve this.

"We need to intubate him" Nancy told him. "TK! I need you to hold him while I try and intubate him" TK didn't want to but if it saves Carlos' life, then he's willing to do whatever it takes.

They arrived at the hospital 5 minutes later and wheeled Carlos into the ER. A nurse, who's name TK can't remember told them that they couldn't go all the way in.

Tommy and Nancy stayed by TK's side so he wouldn't be alone.

"Are you okay?" Tommy asked.

"My fiance was hit by a car and was left for dead. Ofc I'm not okay" TK snapped. He immediately apologised but Tommy told him that it was okay. She understands the position TK is in right now.

"I have to find out who did this to him" TK told Tommy and Nancy.

"And we'll help you find them. But right now, all Carlos needs is you" Nancy reminded him.