Twisted Wonderland & The Apple of Beauty-Part 3

Vil sent Rook ahead to Pomefiore. He knew the Hunter would rather stay behind and talk with Neige, but Vil didn't want Negie to find out about the sleeping students. The shadow had also concerned him.
  He hadn't been able to make out enough details, but there was something vaguely familiar about it...
  Epel was doing a good job keeping the conversation with Negie and for that Vil was extremely grateful.
  "Vil," Neige said and inwardly, Vil groaned. "You've been awfully quiet since I got here. Is everything alright?"
  "Yes," Vil said. "Everything is quite alright. I was just caught up in the thought of how you were selected to come to NRC."
  "That's simple," Neige said, smiling. "Headmage Ambrosia asked me if I would be willing to go."
  That's no answer, Vil thought. And a rather vague one at that. As far as I know, Negie wouldn't be willing to leave those seven dwarves alone for an entire day, let alone the weekend. What's going on here?
  "Negie. Have you been able to try some of my family's homemade apple cider?" Epel asked, when Vil didn't reply to Negie's answer.
  When the other boy shook his head, Epel smiled at him. "Once we get to Pomefiore, I'll make sure you try some. It's gotten fairly popular thanks to Vil's influence on Magicam."
  "That's awesome," Negie said. "I remember Vil tried to offer me a bottle at the Vocal and Dance Competition, but I don't think I got the chance to try it."
  Vil turned slightly and meet Epel's eyes, the message clear. Do not tell him about that day.
  Or more importantly, never mention the Overblot.
~~~~
    Vil managed to keep the school from freaking out that Negie was there by dressing Negie in a spare NRC unifor with the Pomefiore crest.
  "It'll only be for three days," Vil said, adjusting the tie. "I'd rather avoid the entire school trying to tear you apart. Especially since we have lunch next."
  Rook was waiting outside and he nodded in approval at Negie. "Magnificent, Roi du Poison," the hunter said. "Shall we be off?"
  "Of course." Vil said.
  When the four of them (Epel, Rook Negie and Vil) entered the cafeteria, eyes were drawn over to Negie immediately, but thanks to the NRC uniform, they fell away just as fast as they four entered the lunch line.
"Apple, Vil?" Negie asked, offering the red apple to Vil. "Looks like most of the students have one today."
  Vil shook his head. The idea of having an apple was making him have conflicting ideas. One absolutely screamed that he should have it. The other was much more polite in refusing so he felt it was best to decline.
  Before they could head to a table, something rolled over to Vil and he looked down, seeing an apple, this one green skinned, come to a stop in front of his heels.
  He looked back up as a crash filled the air, drawing everyone's eyes over to the other side of the room where Riddle was hunched over, his tray on the ground.
  "Riddle?" Trey asked, standing. "What's going on?"
  Riddle didn't answer, his eyes wide as he grabbed onto the edge of the table, as another crash made Vil turn to look over, seeing Leona on his knees, struggling to breath.
  Two more crashes showed that Azul and Jamil were both unresponsive to the cries of their dorm mates as they gasped for air.
  A chill washed down Vil's neck, and an eerie voice whispered in his ear. "This will be your fate as well, Vil Schoenheit," his Overblot voice said, as the four students collapsed onto the floor, outcold. "Eternal sleep, that can never be broken."
  His pulse quickened and Vil turned, just in time to see his Overblot form extend a bright red apple to him.
  "Take a bite!" He cried, before laughing in a mist, vanishing.
~~~~
  It was exactly the same as the sleep that had affected Pomefiore. Neither Trein or Crowley could figure out how to wake the three dorm heads and the vice dorm head.
  Vil clenched his fist. What twisted game was his Overblot form playing? Half of Pomefiore and now other dorm heads? The Pomefiore was easily a jab at Vil himself, but why Riddle, Leonal, Azul and Jamil? They had no connection.
  As Vil looked at Jamil, the world seemed to flicker for a moment, allowing him to see an intricate black snake tattoo on Jamil's arm before it vanished.
  Vil froze. Hallucinating? He'd never done it before so it didn't make sense.
  Rook glanced at Vil. "Is everything alright?" The hunter asked.
  Vil shook his head, then looked over at Azul and Riddle, his breathing freezing as  he saw a small rose and a curling tentacle on their cheeks.
  "Rook," Vil said. "Can you see them?"
  "See what?" Rook asked. "More of our sleeping classmates?"
  So Rook couldn't see the marks. How? The hunter had better eyesight than Vil.
  "Where's Negie?" Vil asked.
  "Monsieur Cherry Apple is showing him around NRC," Rook said. "Do you want to join them?"
  "No," Vil said. "You can go if you want."
  Rook paused. "You have not been quiet the same since last night," he said. "Please do not fret over these incidents. I'm sure it will wear off before any damage can be done."
  Vil heard the hunter leave, the door closing behind him before he turned around, coming face-to-face with Overblot Jamil.
  "You are a complete idiot," Overblot Jamil said. "Don't eat the apple, Vil!"
  "What?" Vil asked, startled. "What's going on?"
  "Don't eat the apple!" Vil turned to see Overblot Riddle and Azul, with Overblot Leona nearby. "Don't eat it, Vil!"
  Vil stepped back, hitting a wall as the four Overblot forms created a half circle around him, each one holding an object. A playing card, a claw, a shell and a snake, all glowing golden.
  "DON'T EAT THE APPLE!" They cried, and Vil fell through the wall, sitting up in his bed as the morning sun peered in.
  Vil fought to control his breathing then he scrambled from the bed and grabbed his phone.
  "Rook," he said, calling his vice-housewarden. "Is Negie still here?"
  "Of course, Beautiful Vil," the hunter said. "Is everything alright?"
  "Not really," Vil said, his eyes falling onto his desk, where a red apple sat. "Can you and Epel come to my room? I need some help."