Chapter 4

I had woken up early the next morning, and I had gotten dressed. I was wearing a black frilled long sleeve shirt, dark brown pants, and black boots. I also wore my gray hooded cloak as well.

I gathered up my belongings, and I left the room. The sun started to shine into the cathedral.

I looked and there stood Van Helsing. 

"Lena; good morning" Van Helsing said. 

Van Helsing kissed my hand. I loved it when he did that. 

"Good morning Van Helsing" I said. 

"You sleep well?" Van Helsing asked me. 

"Yes; and you?" I replied. 

"Just fine" Van Helsing said. 

Van Helsing and I walked outside to the boat dock. Carl met up with us out there. Van Helsing helped me on to the boat, and he followed behind me. 

The boat set sail shortly after we had boarded. 

(LATER ON IN THE TRIP)

I was out on the upper deck of the ship. It was the evening hour. The sun was setting and the sky was beautiful. 

I stood there on the uppder deck, and I watched the sunset. 

"Are you alright?" A voice asked. 

I turned around and there stood Van Helsing. 

"Yes; just watching the sunset" I said. 

Van Helsing came up to me, and he stood next to me.

"Where are you from?" Van Helsing asked me. 

"New York, the suburban part" I said. 

"I've been there once; nice place" Van Helsing said. 

"Why are you a monster hunter? May I ask?" I asked. 

"My job is to vanquish and destroy evil. My life revolves around it" Van Helsing said. 

"Oh; I see" I said. 

"In addition; I don't even know if I have any family. I hope I find them someday" Van Helsing said. 

"I'm sure they are out there somewhere" I said. 

"Also; my first name is Gabriel" Van Helsing said. 

"Oh okay. So; your full name is Gabriel Van Helsing?" I asked. 

"Yes; it is" Van Helsing said. 

"But; do you prefer to be called Van Helsing?" I asked. 

"Yes I do prefer that. However; Gabriel is accepted as well" Van Helsing said. 

"Alright; well, we will just stick with Van Helsing. I like that better" I said. 

"Alright then" Van Helsing said. 

Van Helsing and I talked for most of the night. Van Helsing told me about his life story; about how the cardinal found him on the steps of the church, and how the church helped him. 

I talked about my life story as well. It was a lovely evening. 

Van Helsing and I were getting to know each other, very well. 

NOTE: Well how about that? Van Helsing and Lena had a moment to get to know each other. What will happen next?   More chapters are coming!

All rights for the photo (Above) go to the movie Van Helsing, Universal Studios, and Bing.com

Link for the photo:   https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ydriczk/images/stencil/590x590/products/80482/80155/ss3364738_-_photograph_of_hugh_jackman_as_van_helsing_from_van_helsing_available_in_4_sizes_framed_or_unframed_buy_now_at_starstills__64381__67136.1394510605.jpg?c=2