Grave

I sat on the cool ground clutching the grass between my fingers I looked over "you made a promise Kaitlin, you said you never leave" I brushed my hand over the cool stone I looked at the picture on her gravestone.

I started to see the memories flash before my eyes i felt her soft hand touch my cheek i heard her voice. "i will never leave this earth without you tyler, i love you".
I squeezed my eyes shut to push out the memory and took another swig from the bottle wrapped in the brown paper bag. I wiped the wetness that soaked my face with my sleeve I reached into my hoodie pocket and pulled out the sleeping pills I stole from my parents medicine cabinet. I knew Kaitlin was sad but I thought she knew she could come to me.
I turned my head I could hear the sirens coming closer they must have found my letter that i left for my parents and friends. I twisted the cap on the top of the bottle, tears streamed down my cheeks I swallowed them all and then took another swig from the bottle I felt them hit the bottom of my stomach but i could still taste their bitterness. I slowly lied down on the grass on top of her grave "I'm so sorry Kaitlin I'm so sorry" i choked out a silent sob "I should have been there for you" I sighed starting to feel the effect the pills had on me. I brushed my pinkie over the photo on her headstone but no picture could copy the beauty she had when she truly smiled.

" but its ok..." I started to feel my eyes drift close "because ill see you soon".