Chapter Twenty-One

Benny spent the last ten minutes looking for Frida all over the house, but did not succeed. Selene didn't see her come out, Andrew didn't know anything either and Frida didn't answer the phone. Benny checked the time once more; seven fifteen. Where could he be at this hour? It was early to go to work. He began to despair, first he gets up late and then he can't find his wife. Benny entered the garden and went back up the stairs, when he reached the second floor something had changed, noise came from the main room.

Benny entered the room and found Frida, who was looking for something in her nightstand. His soul returned to his body, not knowing where she was stressed him out. "Where were you?" He asked her with a frown.

Frida left the Apple Watch inside the drawer and made her way to the bathroom. "I went for a run," she answered without looking at him.

Benny rolled his eyes, she was angry and this time he didn't know why. He followed her into the bathroom where she was already getting rid of her clothes in front of the mirror. Benny wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. "You should have warned me," he said more softly.

"You were asleep," she replied with a shrug. She tried to get rid of the blouse but Benny was in the way. "If you'll excuse me, I'm trying to get undressed to take a shower."

Yes, angry. Benny lowered his hands to her hips and she snorted at seeing he just wouldn't let her go. "Need help?" He caressed her abdomen as she pulled her blouse over her head.

"I need space." Frida tossed the blouse to the floor where the sweatpants lay. Benny kissed her neck and she shivered, yet she didn't feel like doing any of that. "I'm sweaty, don't be gross."

"When has a little sweat stopped me?" He asked looking at her through the mirror. The image was sexy; him surrounding her while she was dressed only in underwear, flushed from training and mad. He took hold of the straps of her black bra. "Can I?"

"No." She put her hands over his to stop him.

"Okay," Benny patted her shoulders reassuringly. The game was over, if she said no then it was no. "What's up, baby? I can tell you're upset."

"Don't baby me..." Frida went to the shower to let the water run. The shower doors were made of glass. "I could honestly slap you."

Benny raised his eyebrows in shock. "What? What have I done wrong?"

Frida turned and saw red. Was he serious? She clenched her fists. "You—" She pointed her finger at him, burying her nail on his chest. "You scoundrel, you used sex to blackmail me. You played dirty."

Beny understood and felt foolish for not thinking that he'd naturally get such a reaction. He ran a hand through his beard. "Sorry baby, it won't happen again."

A sarcastic laugh came from the back of her throat. "Of course it won't happen again. You are grounded. Three weeks without sex."

Benny's eyes widened. "Three?! You're not talking seriously."

"How about four?"

"I refuse." He crossed his arms.

"I don't mind." She turned and unhooked her bra, letting it fall to the floor followed by the panties and stepped into the shower, aware of Benny watching her.

"Frida..." Benny growled. "I said I'm sorry." She accused him of using sex to blackmail her and now she was using her powers of seduction to drive him crazy... and not in the way he would like.

"You are not sorry." The fresh water slipped down her body, it felt good. Nothing better than a long and exquisite shower after running.

Benny ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "It's for your own sake. Trust me." He spoke softly.